Scott Vertigo LSD Pro Bike 1998 or Older

Scott Vertigo LSD Pro

[Sep 17, 2007]
billy
Downhiller

Strength:

frame, incredibly flippn tough no matter what you throw at it. been to keystone, winterpark and two local races, no let downs.

none found so far

older bike but ride smooth as many of todays top machines.

[May 13, 2007]
Ivan

Strength:

great geometry, strong frame, built with power!:)

A little weighty bike... that's all

bike is strong, rides great, good climber. Despise that it's over 10 years old mashine i recommend it to all xc riders!

[Sep 28, 1998]
bud
downhiller

Sorry. only one word for this baby....shit. not even worth it to explain. trust me. i'd give it a zero but even that's too high. I cracked the frame and the comapny told be to screw myself. So i want you guys to screw the company. What a waste of time and money.

[Aug 23, 2000]
Ode

Strength:

Semi active, great climber. Aluminum frame makes it light and nimble. You better be little though. Anything over 180 and you'll toast the frame on your first 4' drop.

Shouldn't'a got the XC. Too long in the top tube. Big design flaw around the bottom bracket! The oversized downtube is *very* close to the granny gear and if you jam it down hard and miss the ring, the chain jams in the frame. I've got a big dent in mine. If I were heavier, I probably would have torn the frame.

Pretty good. I'm looking at a Kona stab to upgrade. I need more travel and higher geometry for the riding I do now (mostly freeriding or urban trials when I can't make a trail). For those of you not from BC and therefore don't know stunts from bunnyhops, great bike... if you're light. The suspension design has been suprisingly reliable for the number of moving parts.

specialized FSR, Kona King Kakapu, Y frame, Canondale

[Sep 08, 1999]
Maple

Strength:

Bright
nice design
light

With a longer rear shock the 97 ( witch is named Neva ) could get 6 of rear wheel travel I kept it a 4.5 and have it balanced with the RST.
Bottom line I love the bike, the greece nipples make maintenance a breeze, it's a semi active design witch is great... love the bike.

Concorde air ride pro comp
Ibis bow-ti
specialized FSR ...ect

[Nov 05, 1996]
Jonte DH
downhiller

The bike I´m talking about is not the original Vertigo lsd pro. My pal Hans have wrecked three of the 96 model. The new bike is a monster downhill made by Hot Chilli. The rearsuspension is totaly tuneble, you change the travel between 6 and 8. You can change headangel and wheelbase to fit different tracks and conditions. The bike will probably be one of the top five downhillbikes on the market when it´s avalible to the people next year.The bike I've tested is ridden by Scott:s world team rider Johan Engstrom who has a tenth place in Kaprun WC as best result so far. Se you in the next life / jonte DH

[Apr 21, 1997]
D.J.
weekend warrior

This is a great full suspension downhiller. It doesn't bio pace and it's weight is well balanced. I've got the 96 Version. It retails for $3000 however I can't say enough about buying at the end of the model year. It saved me over 50%. It is full XT/XTR, Alps4R in the rear, Judy DH up front, on Mavic 121DH rims. It comes in at About 28 somthing lbst. Not bad for a Downhiller. I am planning on getting it to 26 1/2 sith a few mods for cross country. at 155 lbs I this bike is a breeze for me to get airborne. E-mail me if you want more info: djw@4dnet.com
Oh by the way If you Happen to work for Scott. GET A WEBSITE!!! Why you ask? Cuz most of your Competitors have one!!. Lastly, Is it true that Scott owns Yeti and Schwinn Bicycles????
RIDE ON............................o-+-'o