Scott Team Racing Bike 1998 or Older

Scott Team Racing

[Sep 25, 1998]
Andrus Tischler
cross-country rider

HI, i bought my Team Racing in april ´98. Must say, that i hadn´t any serious problem with it. This bike rocks everywhere!!! Only thing i had to do was tighten up the attachment of bottom bracket which was just loose (since factory i guess). I like its especially well balanced and light frame (i ride on 22) and full XT group which works just perfect! I have over 2000 km on it, now preparing for cold and snowy winter. According to preceding rides it will be hell-of-a-fun!
Get your Team and feel the same!!!

[May 19, 1998]
Ola Nordmann
weekend warrior

I own a 96 modell of this bike which I bought last summer. And really like this bike a lot ! It rides great on fast open tracks, but the singeltrack abilities could be better though. The equipment (except the cranksett which sucks) is also great. And it is the best looking bike there is !!!!!!!!!!!

[Jul 31, 1998]
Mark

This review is based on my '97 Scott Boulder SHX (INDY C. I have been disappointed with the components on this bike and i have spent a lot of money replacing shifters that just fall apart (they were STX RC shifters which I replaced with XT) wheels that aren't tense enough and buckle incredibly easily. Many people say that its just my riding but I am not a mental rider like the great Rob Warner and I chose look after my bike rather than thrash it. The only thing remaining on this bike is the frame. I would suggest people to steer away from Scotts altogether.

[Jan 26, 1998]
Adam Hendry
weekend warrior

The 1998 Scott Team Racing is a excelent bike for 1K, Its got XT kit ALL over and an Aluminium 7005
frame plus all the named kit you need to get out there from day one. I upgraded the Rockshox Judy T2,
which are apparantly a bit bouncy, to the 1998 Judy XC. These work very very well and seem easily
adjustable. The Bike isn't a superlight but it's light enough and strong enough to throw around the trails.
My only question is the standard Mavric X221 UB rims, it may just be a bad wheel build but mine have
buckled quite easily.
If you've got a grand to play with ( or finance available ! ) you cant go wrong with one of these, it will
put a grin on your face from ear to ear, guaranteed !

[Jan 30, 1998]
JELLO
weekend warrior

WELL LET ME TELL YOU....I MOVED FROM THE HELL HAVEN OF THE PACIFIC NW NEAR THE WA ID BORDER TO THE PURE FLAT HELL OF MIDDLE NC AND THE BIKE CAN DO IT ALL...UP,DOWN,ROLLING SINGLETRACK AND IN A PINCH COMMUTE. I REALLY LOVE THE FRAME GEOMETRY, THE GRUPPO AND THE BUSINESS LOOK OF THE BIKE AS A WHOLE. I WOULD URGE ANYONE WITH THE CHANCE TO TEST ONE TO...AH,DAMN I GOTTA SAY IT...JUST DO IT
SORRY I SPENT A LOT OF TIME IN OR. ANYWAY DO RIDE IT, YOU WILL LIKE IT.

[Jul 30, 1999]
B. Jansen
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Quick on both the straights and single-track, lightweight, XT components exclusively.

Saddle, Ugly paint scheme/decals, pedals.

I've been very happy with my previous (SCOTT) bike so the descision to upgrade to this one was easy. I was a bit hesitant about the front suspension and after a little less than 3 months feelings are still mixed. I believe I still prefer rigid and have actually been thinking of purchasing a PACE rigid fork. I really don't care what the experts say. Most of my riding is X-country. The saddle that comes with the bike is so friggin' hard that I swapped it for a Selle Flite Italia XO Gel. Makes a world of difference during those 4 hour trips. I'd give it 5 stars it it wasn't for that RS XC fork...

1997 SCOTT Comp Racing

[Dec 14, 1998]
Chillie Equaliser
weekend warrior

This is a review of Mark the downhiller, who must have fell off and hit too many Boulders to spell Team.Ok, so you've had a Scott Boulder. First of all this isn't a Scott Team Racing, which incidentally is the review site you posted on. Secondly the Team racing, or to be more accurate the Boulder, isn't a downhill machine its a cross country bike which should be reviewed as such. Thirdly, I've given this review 5 Chillies to compensate for your silly review. Get a life, get a head and don't fall off so much !By the way, the Team is an excellent bike, don't be put off by dead head reviews such as Marks.

[Feb 15, 2008]
DG Gremillion

Strength:

It's very fast on all trail types, climbs like a mountain goat, and is agile, very agile. It's lite, currently sub 22.5 pounds with a spare tube in the saddle bag (ride ready not stripped down). Still in great shape after riding more than 6500 miles over the past 9 years I've owned it and still riding it today. Can't find much better out there to replace it with for under $3K.

Well hardtail bikes appear to be a dying bread :(`. I sure wish this was a softtail frame like the Moots frame a buddy rides (sweet frame). For XC riding I'm not sure I'd ever go to a full suspension bike when you can ride a softtail.

After 9 years of riding (Didn't ride for four years due to having twins), this bike is better than 85% of the HT bikes currently in production today (hands down). I've worn out the fork, cassette, and front sprockets, clipless peddles, several sets of tires and brake shoes. I need to replace the wheelset but the frame isn't disk compatible :(. In all this time, I've never experienced a breakdown as a result of hardware failure. I can't say it enough, this is a great bike. I have attempted to replace it with a full suspension bike but can't justify the 3K it would take to get a sub 22 pound bike. Riding anything heaver would be giving up all the strengths listed above. In fact I'm looking to purchase a used one for one of my twins (kids) who is beginning to ride now.

Diamond Back, Specialized Stump Jumper, and M2.
Also, Moots Ti softtail frame and Ellsworth Sub22 (nice rides for sure)