Schwinn Strait 6 Bike 1998 or Older

Strait 6

Strait 6

Mr. evil   downhiller [Jun 11, 1998]

I received my strait 6 in late april which was a month late. Then I rode it and realized that SOME good things are worth waiting for. I had raced junior beginner the year before and had been doing well (1st,1 dnf, and a 2nd which is I got cought behind someone halfway down the course and couldn't pass untill the finishline). At my first sport race i didn't know how i would do. My rear shock had blown the day before and i was hung over. I coasted over half the course on still managed to place 1st by almost 30 seconds. I work at a shop and that is why i got this bike. If you can get your hands on one, DO!!! The bike kicks more ass then jackie chan and arnold put together and eats bumps like a CR125. It really does put all other DH rigs to shame

REEK   Weekend Warrior [May 29, 2005]
Strength:

Great suspension action, nice to look at.

hard to find parts, will the frame break?

This is the bike to buy! If you can find a nice clean used bike, buy it. I found mine abandoned at a local Pawn shop. What jack@ss would do that to a straight six? It's identical to the 4 banger except the paint and shock. PITA trying to find a decent rear shock. Sweet ride. I'm riding the bike without any stable platform/PUSHed shock and it still pedals nicely with not much bob.

The pedals kick back when you compress the rear suspension standing still. I'm guessing that's why when I crank down on the pedals uphill, the suspension seems to bite into the hill, like a high single pivot design. Anyway, you don't actually feel the kick back when riding though (a little in granny gear combo).

I'll be sad when/if the frame dies. Until the, I'm going to keep rebuilding the bearings/shock to keep the dream alive!

Similar Products Used: 4 banger, pull shock straight 8
chris mcintyre   Downhiller [May 16, 2002]
Strength:

Great ride quality. Bike comes equiped with great parts. They did not scimp on any corner of the bike. Light weight. Multi link lawelle design suspension. Sealed bearing pivots. hayes disc. 32 lbs. fits me and i am 6'5". yellow.

brake jack.

The bike bombs down hill and is also a GREAT up hill climber with NO NO bob at all what ever so help me god. The only problem is the brake jack which is barrely noticable. Great Free Ride bike.

Similar Products Used: kona, specialized, gt, and santa cruiz.