Schwinn Homegrown All Mountain XT Bike 1998 or Older

Homegrown All Mountain XT

Homegrown All Mountain XT

Micah   weekend warrior [Sep 25, 1998]

This bike is incredible. This Schwinn utilizes a carbon frame (gold with black checkers) with an aluminum sweetspot URT. The machine is FAST! It gobbles up the downhill and will hold a line like its riding on rails. Its a great climber also, in or out of the saddle. Only one downside that I've noticed. I get a little pedal induced bob on the road (not the dirt)on the way to the dirt. If if keep my pedaling in a good spin, the bobbing disappears. If I start pushing the bobbing comes back. Anyway, on the dirt, on long, fast fireroads, this bike will kick butt. When it comes time to stop, the Hayes disk brakes perform flawlessly. I'll never go back to sidepulls or v brakes. To tell the truth, this bike is much better than I am. I don't think I'll ever need another mountain bike. I haven't ridden my Fisher since I bought my Schwinn (about 60 days ago). I never expected this bike to handle as well as it does. It feels as stable as a motocross motorcycle, and almost as fast flying down the side of a mountain.

Micah (also)   Weekend Warrior [Nov 08, 2000]
Strength:

Everything

Nice weight straight out of the box but could lighten up a lot with a full XTR upgrade, and a SID front shock. /// all in due time ///

This bike was worth every penny, and much more. Just the Mavic 317 disc wheels, Hugie DT hubs, and Hayes disc brakes alone are worth the price. Sure it’s not full XTR but it will be soon.
The bike is very well balanced and I would highly recommend it to any one. Very sweet!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Caloi pro, cannondale super v
Jeremy Collins   Cross Country Rider [Feb 08, 2008]
Strength:

Everything, Climbs like a Mountain goat on steroids, and decends like a bat out of hell.

Nothing If you find a weekness your doing something wrong!

I bought this bike off of some dude on ebay who didn't know how great this bike really is. I took off all of the old LX parts that were on it to replace them with XTR. I also have a red S10 Carbon. This one is too small for me so I'm selling the frame on ebay. I really love these bikes and its good to see that some are getting the apreaction that they deserve. I see some people say it bobs. It doesn't bob if you put the seatpost at the proper height! So set your seatpost at the right height!

Similar Products Used: GT I-drive (1st Gen with the Eccentric BB), GT RTS, GT LTS, Cannondale Super-V, Trek Y11, Y22