San Marco Andreas 8.0 Bike Bike 1998 or Older

Andreas 8.0 Bike

San Andreas 8.0 Bike

Brent   downhiller [Oct 01, 1998]

I am a professional motocross racer and when I get out on my mountaincycle it takes as much of a beating as my mx bikes do and keeps right up! This was my first dual suspension purchase and I am very surprised that a bike could be built this tough, I've never owned or ridden another dual suspension bike so I've really nothing to compare it to except all of the guys I fly past on the trails. This thing tears it up!!! Definetly no complaints and I give it a definite five chilis.

Rolf   cross-country rider [Jul 25, 1997]

Awesome all around bike. Seemed like it was out of vogue for a while and various people would try to find fault with it. Interesting how the new so called free style bikes are all San Andreas copies. Mine has Judy XC with speed springs, Risse air shock in back, azonic riser bar. Works especially well with V-rap tires.

Neil   weekend warrior [May 17, 1998]

Better than I hoped for. 4.5 rear, 4 front(Z1 BAM) 27Lbs. climbs like a hard tail and descends better than anything I've tried, GT,Mongoose, Cannondale
Specialized included. Handles unbelieveably light for a bike that is built so
solidly. I built with XT XTR,36 radial front, x3 rear,1.5 double wall riser. Rider compartment is near perfect with lots of adjustment. Excellent.Definitely a five chili rig if ever there was.

Leroy   weekend warrior [May 13, 1998]

This bike is my second mountain bike (upgraded from Trek 7000) and it is worth every one of the $2800 I paid for it back in 1994. I ride mostly single track but also go up to the ski resorts for downhill. It is light, indestructible and it looks so f-ing awesome I still get comments after all these years. What a bad-ass bike!!!

Curt   Cross Country Rider [Mar 07, 2001]
Strength:

Incredibly strong frame, I weigh 265 lbs and I have crashed and ridden this bike so hard it's beyond belief. Only one pivot, bushing has never worn out. Great climber and awesome decender. Adjustable frame geometry allows ride specific handling i.e. cross country or DH.

Mine creaked it seemed like forever but realized the Risse Racing shock had been installed incorrectly. Standover heigth not great, got bruised from front shock mount.

This bike is great for all riders of all levels. It allows you to truly hang it out and push the envelope!!

Similar Products Used: Pro flex 850
Biker Ted   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 06, 1999]
Strength:

Solid build, low stand over for smaller riders, plenty of room for stickers, best handling full suspension I've tried.

Hard to handle in strong cross wind, transmits drive train noise and cable slap, triple clamp fork can damage main frame in a crash.

At one point I had the wieght down to under 27 pounds, but I needed more travel in the front, a riser bar, and bomb proof wheels. It's real close to 30 right now. The bike likes the rough stuff. It gives you an edge by building your confidence. I don't like to fly, so I keep close to the ground, but I've had more luck jumping on this bike than any of the others. Corners really well and predictable (the IRC's help). And as a mountain bike guide, I find it excellent for single track. I spend a lot of time cleaning it, cause clients (a lot of um new to mountain biking), are always checking it out since it's so different from what they would normally see elsewhere.

Similar Products Used: Kona foreplay, GT RTS-2, Marin Alpine Trail, Specialized Stumpjumper XC.
Crashmonger   Weekend Warrior [Aug 20, 1999]
Strength:

agility,strength, neutralness in air, downhill brake steering.

Uphill jumping but who's FSR is.

Love this rig, It waits for you patiently and when you give it the green light for white knuckle work, its there...

Similar Products Used: cannondale, Specialized
ROBERT   Weekend Warrior [Jun 30, 1999]
Strength:

GOING UP
GOING DOWN

KIND OF HEAVY

I'VE SAVED FOR A YEAR FOR THIS FREERIDE MACHINE, AND I TRULY LOVE IT. IT CLIMBS BETTER THAT ANYTHING THAT I'VE RIDDEN (EXCEPT MY GIRL). ALONG WITH THE ZZYXX IT CAN TRULY RIDE ANYWHERE AND JUMP ANYTHING. ALTHOUGH THE FRAME IS HEAVY, 7.3 LBS WITH MOUNTIAN CYCLES SHOCK (MY RTS WEIGHTS THE SAME). IT NOW WEIGHTS 30.1 LBS (27.8 W/NOLEEN CROSS LINK), BUT I REALLY DO NOT NOTICE THE EXTRA WEIGHT, FLIES LIKE A BUTTERFLY AND STINGS LIKE A BEE. YOU MUST PUT THIS ON YOUR LIST OF TOYS TO GET.

Similar Products Used: GT RTS
GT LTS
Kelly   Weekend Warrior [Jun 29, 1999]
Strength:

stability, looks, fun factor, noise

If you like a twitchy steer feel, you won't like this. Cost. Noise.

The bottom line? Wow. This is one cool bike. I'm a roadie/track rider, first time mountain bike. I wanted something different for off-road. Wish granted. I'm big - 6'4 & 235, and this thing is a tank, but a lightweight & nimble tank. If will go anywhere, but is still very responsive. It doesn't boing me out of the seat when I hit big bumps, like the Trek & others did. It is loud - sounds like the factory working under me - other owners told me this was so. This is basically a motocross bike without the motor. Went to a local ski hill last week - crazy fun. Can't speak for lighter riders, but for me this thing is perfect. 5x5.

Similar Products Used: C-dale superV, K2, Proflex; New Trek Mantra
Big Black Bruce   Weekend Warrior [Mar 30, 1999]
Strength:

Excellnet bike.Can handle more then the rider can. Handle and stiffness are unmatched.

NONE

I have been building my San Andreas all winter and finally riden it over the past few weeks. THIS BIKE IS GOD. I told my girlfriend I was sorry but I have found a new love. She slapped me and then asked me who it was. I then told her it was my San Andreas, she slapped me again. I haven't seen her since but I don't care my new girlfriend (San Andreas) is the best. I can ride her anytime I want( never has a headache or cramps). Never complains about how rough I get with her. In fact the rougher I get the more she loves me. Always there when I need her. And she is the best looking thing I've riden in years. If you have the money and no brains, because this bike needs to be abused on the roughest, sickest, craziest rides imagineable. Get a Mountain Cycle. There aren't enough chilli's in the world to rate how awesome this bike is.RIDE ON..