S&M Dirtbike Bike 1998 or Older

Dirtbike

S&M Dirtbike

Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Apr 28, 2010]
Strength:

Handmade in AMERICA!

It is tougher than I am.

I am not a BMXer, I ride cross country on a 29er. I built this Mamma Jamma so I could learn to stand up and sprint. My theory is; if I can flow 20" through sand and over roots, then I'll fly on the 29er.

This bike is awesome! It is strong like bull! But it does not weigh a ton. The BB is high and backend is long. It gets over logs great and climbs way better than I expected from such a tiny wheel.

I might learn to jump stumps and be a BMX punk yet!

Similar Products Used: First 20"
brian zahn   [Jun 11, 2003]
Strength:

S&M tough, great geometry, perfect length, light.

hard to find

the best trail/ dirt jumping frame ever made. holds up to street and park abuse too. if your a shorter rider and want a frame that will last longer you, look for an older classic dirtbike.

Similar Products Used: eastern jane, dk general lee, NG dirtbike, the classic $hits on all of them.
chris   Weekend Warrior [May 05, 2007]
Strength:

super strong and light for a freestyle bmx frame!! wouldnt buy anything else

NONE!!!

simple yet extremly functional bmx frame. can be used for dirt street or even racing. i highly recomend this frame to ALL!!!

Similar Products Used: haro supra
Rl price   Racer [Jul 06, 1999]
Strength:

good geometry, not to long or short,not heavy or aluminumlight but a good weight for how string the bike is made props to moeller

nothing

good bike and should last a long damn time

Similar Products Used: ericksons hyper he dont live far from me and thats a good bike too but just wasnt comfortable on it
Weird Beard   Weekend Warrior [May 23, 1999]
Strength:

bulletproof

best bike i have ever owned. has great geometry, classic looks(who wants one of these ugly ass Y shaped things anyway?), is super stiff, and isnt out of the reach of most wallets. best bike out there to me. simply bulletproof.
thats the bottom line

Similar Products Used: Kastan, GT, Cyclecraft, Free Agent, Auburn, DK, Standard Industries, Renthal, Iron Horse, TNT, MCS, Balance, Parkpre, ELF, SE, Bully, Redline, 2-Hip, Haro, most everything else
Will Culpepper   [Aug 10, 2003]
Strength:

The frame is so light comin in at 5 pounds 13 ounces for me.(I have last years version) It is really strong even though I've only had it for less than a month. It has great frame geometry.

It isn't free.

If your small or light or a trail rider get it, it will be perfect. If your a bigger guy, FBM angel of death or standard STA would be better for you. None the less, this frame is great.

Similar Products Used: nothing similiar...
Jack   [Apr 07, 2002]
Strength:

Nice and floaty light especially for a wee lil' rider like me. An absolute CLASSIC frame.

Not as built as framesets nowadays so perhaps not suitable if your a complete fat-ass.

F**kin' A

Similar Products Used: Now riding a Standard STA.
Sick Stickmin   Weekend Warrior [Jan 16, 2008]
Strength:

I have been riding dirt bike classics for 5 years now. It took me 3 years to kill my first. It survived through Brutal abuse (180 down 10+ stares, learning handrails, Brakeless Trails, and countless bails, first bike I flipped, whipped, flip-whipped, flared) It succumbed to barrel roles. The down tube completely detached from the head tube but didn’t end a light Minnie session. I am 6 foot 1 inches and scale in at 180lb. Dirt Bikes take an unimaginable beating.

Geometry, the dirt bike never spun or whipped as well as other frames I set up. I attribute this to the lengthy back end and the super sized dropouts. The newer versions are better but still have the sluggish get-around. But this is a plus for trails, felt the best over 15ft + doubles. 990s on chain stays get ground down by the chain when running a 30 or less tooth ratio.

Fantastic frame, wish it was still around for beginners, it was the cornerstone of a bmx revolution. I still ride the dirt bike and love giving it as much hell as I can.There are better frames on the market but the dirt bikes’ a grade A value for people who are just getting into heavier riding. The frame will probably last through you, the little kid next door, and his ratty little friend before you get on a nostalgic trip and want to kill it yourself.

Similar Products Used: Various dirt bike models, it’s very much like a racing frame.
Jeffrey Montgomery   Weekend Warrior [Jan 03, 2008]
Strength:

great overall frame good for rideing trails and around town

frame really dosent have any yet alittle paint chips in some spots but overall its awsome

It is a awsome bike to have and build up as your own custom or buy it complete either way it is a kickass bike