Rotec Pro DH Bike 1998 or Older

Pro DH

[May 17, 1998]
Kevin Punter
weekend warrior

Just went for a test ride -->>This bike feels like you've just sat on a motor bike p.l.u.s.h., then you start to pedal - doesn't feel to bad for a downhill specific bike.... Now you find some bumps to hit, must have missed it - go back - try again, missed again - nope IT'S THAT GOOD!!!My short ride on this bike has left me scanning the brochure late a night on my computer to enlarge the pictures and ogle in more detail on my screen.I think I've developed a fatal dose of ROTEC fever.I can only just imagine what a lethal combination a top rider and this bike would make. Even an average rider and this bike......How do I convince my wife that the world will end if I don't get a ROTEC.PS Rode it at Bike Addiction.

[Apr 14, 2001]
Jesse
Downhiller

Strength:

Awesome when pointed downhill!! Suspension soaks up nasty hits and leaves you wondering if you went over anything at all!! Floating disc brake in rear is sweet!! Corners like it is on rails, you can really throw it into corners!!

Creaky seat area but that is about it unless you try to ride it up a hill

It seems like everyone at races has an Intense, or a Santa Cruz, or a Kona, but you don't see too many Rotec DH bikes around. This bike gets a lot of looks, and it should!! It rides awesome. It feels like it has more travel than it really does. The suspension design rocks! I got a great deal on this bike. It is a 2000 model and I got it for $2500!!