Rocky Mountain Fusion Bike Bike 1998 or Older

Rocky Mountain Fusion

Adrian   Weekend Warrior [Aug 10, 2002]
Strength:

A great bike! Typical strong well built RMB frame. Perfromed very well and has not really given me any problems in 4 years of riding it.

The suspension fork it comes with isnt good for really serious riding. But the average person still will not be disapointed. I upgraded the suspension a little after a year. Mine came with grip shift. I find the performance ok but under more stressfull conditions they do miss shift on.

A great bike! Well worth it for the weekend rider or someone looking to get into things a little more serious! Nothing beat Rocky Mountain bikes quality.

Similar Products Used: Older RM Fusion and Hammer.
aret   weekend warrior [Jul 27, 1997]

Rocky Mountain is the Ferrari of Bike's.
The frame must be one of the best in the world today.
I have upgraded my component to LX's, and put on a Q 21R.
Its a dream to ride on the north shore trails.

Phil   Weekend Warrior [Sep 08, 2000]
Strength:

Excellent bike!! BB"s incredible. great shifters and deraller.

should've came with good front shocks

This bike is Awsome!!! It has never given up on me!! I ride everywhere and anywhere possible, the frame is the strongest I've ever had, and its still good. the BB's r the only original part left on the bike, because I got a suspension fork and better/stronger DH rims.

If u ever need a bike to play around on, and do extreem stuff on... this is your bike!! for the price it's the best buy for the amount of quality u get.

buy it NOW!!!

Similar Products Used: None compare in any catigory
Carlos   Weekend Warrior [Aug 12, 1999]
Strength:

Solid bike

Bought this bike a year ago and I'm very pleased with the product. I recommended the bike to a friend and we have been ripping up the trails ever sense. Extremely capable bike for the money. All components have held up well. I give this my highest rating.

Jon Mutch   cross-country rider [Oct 12, 1998]

I just bought my new R.m.Fusion and got it for a great price! It has performed flawless since i have got it. I have rode a hammer race before and it was good too, but the fusion is a better bike for the money, especially if you only pay 700$ for it. I found the indy s shocks a little stiff though, i may upgrade latter, anyway great bike!

K Mason   cross-country rider [Sep 07, 1998]

The Fusion is a good all round middle of the road bike. Although a tad heavy @ 27 pounds stock, the bike is solid and has the classic well designed Rocky geometry, which makes it a pleasure to ride. If you're like me and seen your Rocky Equipe, then a Kona Cinder Cone get stolen, the Fusion is a step down, but it keeps up very nicely with the competition. Price and performance make this mid-range cycle worth 5 stars.

Leigh   cross-country rider [Jun 23, 1998]

I've been riding mountain bikes for six years but never have i had a bike with suspension, but know that i have one i'll never give it up... Oh, yah my Fusion has the best frame i've had but i can't say that it is the best out there becouse this is the first time that i payed more than $500 for a bike... or in other words have payed for a good bike... I think that this is one of the best bikes for any kind of riding but i only can give it 4 stars becouse after only 2 weeks with it i already twisted the back rim... You won't regret geting a Rocky Mountain...they kick but and they are Canadia : )

Paul   weekend warrior [Apr 26, 1998]

This is the third season for my Fusion, and so far it has been a decent value. I spent $950 in 96, but the price has come down since then. This is my first bike with suspension and I'd never go back to a rigid frame again! The only negative side comes from the fact that I'm 6'4 and 190lbs which causes a fair bit of flex in the frame and forks when going hard. The STX components are OK but not great; the front derailleur is not always precise when shifting, and the rear derailleur occasionally jumps cogs when they are muddy and you are pedalling hard. The brakes are strong enough to lock up the tires but you don't have to worry about flipping over the handle bars. I think Rocky Mountain bikes are great for the money, but next time I'd consider the step up to the Hammer Race to get the better components. Three and a half chilis!

den   racer [Apr 16, 1998]

this bike really rocks, it has all LX componants a
quadra 21R fork and IRC Mythos XC Slick tires and a
ritchey wheel set. It rides like a charm everywhere.
i have rid it on down hill corse and it flys, but most
of the time i race cross country, and its a mean machine
that loves to leave competators in its dust!!!
Oh yeah and a RACE FACE HANDLEBAR adds a nice touch!

den   racer [Apr 16, 1998]

this bike really rocks, it has all LX componants a
quadra 21R fork and IRC Mythos XC Slick tires and a
ritchey wheel set. It rides like a charm everywhere.
i have rid it on down hill corse and it flys, but most
of the time i race cross country, and its a mean machine
that loves to leave competators in its dust!!!
Oh yeah and a RACE FACE HANDLEBAR adds a nice touch!