Raleigh Inferno SX Bike 1998 or Older

Raliegh Inferno SX

Hardcore Biker   Weekend Warrior [May 10, 1999]
Strength:

Good bike for the money! Well equipted for the trails!

Too Heavy. Better V Brake. Better shock than Duo Track!!

Good Bike for the Money. Well equipted for begginer riders.

Similar Products Used: Wheeler Victor.
Schwinn Moab 3.
Rocky Mountain Element.
James Dad   Cross Country Rider [Jul 20, 2003]
Strength:

Well made, never had any trouble with it, ever.

Chromoly frame is heavier than aluminum, but it is strong. Tires wear on road, but seem fine on xc trailes.

This bike has been surprisingly good. I took a tumble and totally cut myself up. My helmet is a mess and by the time the nurses bandaged me up I looked like I was in a body cast. The bike, is just fine with no sign whatsoever of any damage. After the fall, I had to get to the hospital somehow so I climbed back on the bike and rode, leaving a trail of blood behind me.

Even the shocks are still fine after 3 years of downhills, xc, the occasional wheelie, and a single somersault over the handlebars.

I'm in the market for a new bike but I'm not selling mine because it is a great backup bike. If you see a used one for a cheap price ($100), it might be worth thinking getting if you want a decent bike that is better than the department store bikes.

Similar Products Used: Giant Rincon, Trek 4300, Kona Cinder Cone
Dan Grant   Cross Country Rider [Jun 04, 2002]
Strength:

Great Handling, Top Of The Line Deraluer, Well Balanced, Very Fast On Or Off Road, Good Shocks

Problem with brakes tightning up all the time. Tires wear too fast.

Very slick looking price and very fun to ride thanks to its tires it get very good speed and control in anything but mud. The best bike I have ever seen. E-mail me for more info at Jack_Boltca@yahoo.ca This is a good bike for all levels of bikers. Personally I wouldn,t trade it for any other bike there is.

Similar Products Used: You name it i've road it
Chandev Abhay   Weekend Warrior [May 04, 2004]
Strength:

I like the chromoly frame. Strong yet not too heavy to throw around. Fast Bike

I had to change the cranks because they broke but Champion replaced them under warranty. Brakes could be better

I love the bike. It easily adapted to become an extension of me. Good control over rough trails, tree roots and large pebble river beds etc. I'll have to do something about the brakes, but don't plan on changing anything else. Very happy with it and highly recommend it to weekend warriors over buying a department store bike.