Proflex 755 Bike 1998 or Older

Proflex 755 Bike 1998 or Older

[Jul 07, 2013]
Craig

Strength:

Everything. This is a great all around bike. Light weight aluminum design and full suspension. Great design. They can be had really cheap if you look for them.

Elastomer shocks wear quick. I used body mounting material from an automotive store to replace the shock. It's polyurethane so it's shock absorbent and will last forever.

Once you get the shock fixed you've got a life time of riding on a great bike.

[Nov 21, 2008]
throtol

Strength:

Well made and able to take the abuse of the trails. Smart frame design for larger individual. I had a tune up and it is in excellent shape after all these years with stock wheels, brakes and shifters.

Bearings in the back wheel are lose and make some noise. A tendency to throw the biker over the handlebars if hitting a rock or other deep hole.

A great mountain bike for trails and downhill adventures. The original pedals were absolute awful and needed to be replaced. Still a quality bike worth taking out each Saturday for fun and excitement out on the trails.

Girvin Proflex 656, GT Legato

[Jul 13, 2008]
pharus

Strength:

Durable and well made, I was able to swap out obsolete components.

Elastomer shocks went hard quickly, and were hard to find replacements for.

I would like to keep this bike forever, and keep the components updated as necessary. I am not a hard core rider, so it doesn't get abused by the trails, but I am a clydesdale size, and it supports me well.

[May 19, 1998]
Ian Davis
cross-country rider

Ok, this is my first full suspension bike so I've nothing to compare it to. But having just bought it second hand (excellent value) it's one of those bikes that just feels absolutely right. It has to be ridden. For durability, I'll have to wait until I've put some serious miles on it - but considering it's at least 18 months old, and had some quite serious use already - it doesn't feel in the slightest bit worn out. We'll see how it goes....

[Jun 09, 2001]
Jurjen Jans

Ik heb deze Mountainbike nu ong. 3 weken .Een heel groot plus punt vind ik van zo'n fiets van 6 jaar oud(1995) hoe hij eruit ziet ;totaal niet verouderd en het rijdt fantastisch.Enigste puntje is mischien wel(of zijn)de gele schuimen schokdempers.Die zou ik nog wel willen vervangen voor normale instelbare dempers.

[Nov 01, 2001]
Fletcher Stirling

Strength:

I've owned/raced lots of bikes over the years (I'm a USCF cat. -2) and I have to admit, for the money my '95 755 has really kept up through the years; unlike most of my hard-tails and other FS bikes.

None that I can think of. I was worried a couple of years ago that I might not beable to get new elastomers. But they weren't hard to find. The front forks squeeked a little for the first 200 miles, but it went away.

Darn good bike for any level (entry-advanced) full-suspension MTB rider.
Great value, if you find one in very good condition for $650 or less, buy it. The 755's changed through the years, but they're all very good designs/products.

ProFlex 856, 855, 4000. VooDoo "Legba".