Pacific yx3000 Bike 1998 or Older

yx3000

yx3000

tre'   Weekend Warrior [Mar 23, 2011]
Strength:

Tough, tough, tough "a" bike! It does handle the abuse I've put it through. It's solid and one feels confident riding over everything. And you gotta admire it's look. I equate it to a main battle tank with clean no nonsense lines.

Like everyone else thats sent in a review. - It is a tad heavy. Especially when you have to carry it up & down a flight of stairs every time you go ride. Which for me is at the least 2 times a day. I ride in the a.m. before work & again in the evening. But hey it's worth it.

Again like the others whom sent in reviews on this bike. - I would recommend it to anyone that wants an all terrain bike. It's inexpensive and does the job!

Similar Products Used: I also own a low end Schwinn mtn. style bike.
Bueller   Weekend Warrior [Jun 30, 2003]
Strength:

Excellent Shimano shifters and derailers. The standard rear suspension at a great price.

The heavy weight and weak/soft front suspension.

This is my second Pacific mountain bike. They cannot be beat for the price. I would still have the first one if I hadn't been involved in a high speed crash which twisted the fork and bent the frame. For someone looking to do a combination of off-roading, street riding, and paved trail riding I don't think you will find a better bike for less than this one costs.

Bill White   Weekend Warrior [Jul 10, 2001]
Strength:

Very strong and durable. Great Shimano components! Trustworhty.

A little heavy.

I am totally impressed with this bike, although I'm embarassed to have other cyclists with their Cannondales and their Treks see me riding it. The bike was a Christmas gift from my wife so I didn't have a chance to shop around. I assumed I would have to buy a $1,000 bike to get what I wanted, but I'm very pleased with my Pacific. I would recommend it to anyone besides a hard-core professional.

Similar Products Used: Roadmaster MTB
Tom   Weekend Warrior [Aug 24, 2000]
Strength:

Price vs. features, frame strength, excellent shifters

a little on the heavy side

After having my innards shaken on a hardtail mountain bike, I was ready to try a full suspension bike. I wasn't ready to fork out $600 plus for a 'name' bike, however. Like other reviewers, I have beaten my yx3000 unmercifully, without any problems whatsoever. How about riding on an old railroad bed for punishment? My yx3000 has done it many times. I think Pacific is highly underrated by the mountain bike press. I highly recommend the yx3000 as an entry level full suspension bicycle, suited best for recreational/weekend riders who want a sturdy full suspension bike at a reasonable cost. My only negative comments are that it could be 3-4 lbs. lighter, and possibly have more compliant front forks with a bit more travel. But for less than $200 ready to head for the boondocks, you can't go wrong!

Similar Products Used: Mongoose hardtail
Jordan Lefebvre   Downhiller [Aug 08, 2000]
Strength:

The front suspension was great. Rear suspension was good.
Love the trigger shifters, quick reliable shifting.

Alittle heavy thats it.

Great bike for the price has held up through alot.If your looking for a bike that will hold up for a low price this is the one.

Similar Products Used: Huffy 21, Mongoose xr250, Next unltra shock.
Steve Bollweg   Weekend Warrior [Aug 04, 2000]
Strength:

Price to Performance Ratio

Heavy

I bought two of these, one for my son and one for me. We take it through the local Saddleback trails. You have to continually adjust the derailer and rims, but I had to do that on my Giant as well. Just not as often. The ride is a bit mushy for some of the hard core stuff, and pushing the bike up a hill is a pain (forget about carring it...to heavy). But for less that $200 you get a worthy full supension trail bike that you don't mind beating to death.

Similar Products Used: Giant
Jim Claro   Weekend Warrior [Jan 20, 2000]
Strength:

Incredible price, only $189.99!

A bit heavy, but for the price I'm not complaining.

I bought this thing after looking at it at Toys-R-Us for only $189! I thought it would be a nice second bike, for my girlfriend to ride. But, after riding this, I ride it and my girlfriend rides my hardtail Cannondale. Yeah, it weighs about twice as much as the C-Dale but it has such a nice smooth ride, and it cost less than 1/5th the price. If I had to ask for more, it would be for more suspension travel, but for two hundred bucks who can complain.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale Killer V 900. Trek 930.
Mark   downhiller [Jan 15, 1999]

I'm wondering if anyone else has bought one of these bikes. I couldn't believe the price. I've had mine almost a year with one thing in mind try to break it.
So far I've abused this thing unmercifully and it's holding together great! I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has tried one of these?

The Great LL   Weekend Warrior [Apr 17, 2008]
Strength:

Smooth ride, and can tackle anything.

Very very heavy.

My friend left this bike sitting outside for over a year. I told him to give it to me, so i took it home and straightened out the rims. Then i tweaked the break lines and a few other things to clean it up. The shimano shifters are AMAZING, they work so flawlessly at this price... it's unheard of! I rode this bike hard and eventually wore out the cassette, so i got a new back tire. But that's normal wear. I also slammed this bike into the ground while trying to make sharp turns in the rain several times (it's heavy!) and everything was ok! Then i was hit by a car... it was never the same after that. But IT KEPT ON GOING!!! Then finally it was stolen :-(