Norco Rampage Bike 1998 or Older

Norco Rampage Bike 1998 or Older

Rampage

[Jun 05, 2003]
Doosh Bag

Strength:

Well, the bike is awsome, I cruise down Trail 69 like a choda. But I want off this huge jump I think it was liike 6.9 feet high and I landed wrong and split my gooch wide open but it was all good cause it was fun. Its a real good bike and I recommend it to anyone who has no gooch.

Like I said the seat is a little to big and point and one can hurt themselves on it other than that its a good bike.

This is a awsone bike anyone who says so I will Donkey Slap them in the face. I reccomend this bike to everyone who likes to go down big hills. I give this bike a 69 out of 10!

Torrent

[Jun 03, 2000]
boulder

Strength:

853 steel (4lbs - 18.5")
geometry good 71ht, 73st, 23ett, 18.5st, 42wb
ritchey dropouts
great dark purple paint job
lifetime warrenty good for racing

nothing yet
no anti-chain suck? (may or may not be a weakness)

I bought this as a frame and built it myself. The shop weighed it and it was 4lbs. The alignment was perfect also (the shop measured this two ways). Great price at $365 cdn. Basically the same as a rocky altitude t.o. in terms of geometry, but not quite as light. Handles quickly when you need it to and steady when going fast. Watch out for the head tube since it is long (over 5"). If you already have a fork you want to use, it might be too short in the steerer tube. I beleive the shop has one more exactly like it so go ahead and call them in Toronto - they ship anywhere. Email me for the shop name.

khs team hardtail
rocky mtn thin air

[Jul 11, 1998]
Motor Cyclemama
weekend warrior

I thought my Trek 830 entry level mountain bike was good enough for me, until my boyfriend/studmuffin turned me onto the RAMPAGE. We had checked out Schwinn, Brodie, Kona, Rocky Mountain...to name a few...but the NORCO producted seemed to be the best bet for the money. It's an extremely light bike, has the Team Issue 853 Reynolds frame, XT front and rear derailler, Judy C forks, Tange DX-2 Threadless headset.....Shimano LX V-Brakes and Crankset...blah blah blah. Check out Norco for more details. INTERESTING NOTE: The 98 Rampage doesn't feature the Team Issue 853 Reynolds frame.....go figure???? I must admitt, I was rather leary about riding around with the logo NORCO on my bike (short person's complex)because I kept on thinking of all those kiddy bikes that you could buy at Sears...and hey....perhaps Zeller's too. I'm happy to say that NORCO has come along way, plus studmuffin says it turns him on when I RIDE it!!!!!

[Jan 31, 2000]
sweetpete

Strength:

amazing frame and drivetrain
brake levers are the bomb
sweet 221's

judy has to have stock elastomers change to softer blue's
for a plusher feel

a riser bar and a little work on the front shock and this
bike is a god as it gets
the west cost geometry makes it amazing in descents and tight technical situations
also makes it very negotiable on ramps logs and ladder bridges