Norco Kokanee Bike 1998 or Older

Qwerty Bead   cross-country rider [May 03, 1998]

This bike rocks! I got it 1 week ago and love it since. One of the crap things are the Acera-X breaks which make this crappy squeaking noise when wet. The STX deraleur is okay, but takes alot of effort to make some of the shifts, and the ride is tight. Cost= Bargain at $345.90 CAD Deal!

OVERALL
Shaun   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2004]
Strength:

Bought this Kokanee in the summer of '98 in Calgary Alberta. I've been riding it mostly in the city but I've been riding into kananaskis quite a bit too. I've crashed it on numberous occations and barrel rolled it down the mountain on one occation. But it still holds together. The frame is probably it's greatest strength and the fact it's just a strong bike all around.

The breaks squeek in the wet, it's annoying as hell. The shifters aren't the greatest and you have to play with them but I much prefer them to handle shifters I've seen on the newer Kona's.

I spent the money and I'm still enjoying this ride. I've thought of replacing the front forks for shocks but haven't had the money yet. I looked at the 2004 model Kokanee and I'd love to buy it. Wish I had the money.

OVERALL