Merlin Odyssey Bike 1998 or Older

Merlin Odyssey

jay hardy   Cross Country Rider [Nov 14, 2000]
Strength:

light, strong and supple

no brazons.

This is a road bike. I don't know why that guy was so rude. He should check http://www.merlinbike.com/bike/odyssey.html

Similar Products Used: Klein Quantum, Cannondale T1000, Paramount
Scott Paris   Weekend Warrior [Jun 15, 1999]
Strength:

1. Cool looking bike
2. Status symbol
3. Comfortable ride
4. Excel Sports did a great job packing it and instructing me on how to put it together over the phone.

1.Expensive/Overpriced- for $2,700+ it should take out the trash. I emptied my life's savings for this bike.
2. Ultegra products not what I thought.
3. Only a fair climber.
4. Bike lacks a soul.

THe bike is nice but I expected the bike to have the soul of my Masi and climb like my Klein, not the other way around. In some ways, I wish that I had kept my Masi, but I read some nice things about titanium and I sold it to pay for Tinky Winky, my new Merlin. In addition, I am stuck with it since I will have to eat too much in depreciation to resell it. I hope that the ultegra gets better with age...I expected more..

Similar Products Used: Klein Quantum 2
Masi Grand criterium
George   Cross Country Rider [Jul 16, 2001]
Strength:

2000 Odyssey with Smooth forgiving ride, great deal on frame $1,188.00, titanium life time warranty, Merlin reputation, beautiful precise welds and Tom Kellog geometry same as XLM.

Heavier than XLM, but lighter price.

Great compliant ride, lifetime warranty on a boutique frame with nice components for the same price as a steel/aluminum mass production bike. I can definitely tell the difference in weld quality compared to my Litespeed.

Similar Products Used: Considered Litespeed Classic/Tuscany, Douglas Ti, Airborne Ti and Mongoose Ti.