Merida Dominator Bike 1998 or Older

Merida Dominator

lennart Karlsson   Cross Country Rider [Mar 12, 2000]
Strength:

Good price with regard to quality level. Nice looks. Very strong overall, my weight is 240 lbs and I havent had one single problem.

Front chock is a little beow the standards for the rest of the bike. The spots that Merida have choosen for putting the water botles on is the absolut worse I,ve ever come across.

Like I said, I weight 240 lbs and I´m not particulary "kind" to my bike but part from punktures I have not had one single problem. The bike is really nice to operate and handles real good and is for it´s price real low-weight. I can recommend it.

Similar Products Used: This is my second MTB and the one before was a hard tail Carbon Miata wich doesn´t compare really.
Thommo   Weekend Warrior [Dec 16, 1999]
Strength:

Looks, some good name gear.

Shocks

Great bike for bashing around from what I tried.
Could anyone eles who owns or has tried this bike please write something on it, i need to know what it's like and if this brand is any good.

Similar Products Used: 1999 Giant Warp DS-1
Lennart Karlsson   Cross Country Rider [Jun 13, 2001]
Strength:

My second review on the same bike, it's because I like it very much and have done a bit of modifications to remove the week parts. Since last review I'de installed Time pedals and Manitou Mars C front fork. With these mods there simply is no week parts and that is the strength. I still weigh 240 lbs and not one single problem during three years of weekly usage.

After the new fork have been installed, NONE.

Very good value for money, if I havent beaten the s-it out of it in three uears, I can hardly see anyone else do it, at least anyone lighter.

Similar Products Used: Had a Carbon Miyata before, does not compare.