Living Extreme Team II Bike Bike 1998 or Older

Extreme Team II Bike

Living Extreme Team II

brianwitty   Weekend Warrior [Jan 29, 2010]

I have a one of a kind deep maroon and canary yellow Living X team ca.1996-97. White Manitou fork, gore tex cables, magura raceline yellow hydrolic brakes, sun rims, white ind. crank, xt front and rear, xray grip shift, selle san marco seat, I'm sure I'm leaving something out. Anyway, they bike is in incredible condition as I rode it for a few weeks when I got it then spent my time on other things. I break it out and ride it about once a year now but rarely even take it offroad. I know it's a shame, but I'd rather be playing with vintage cars or vintage guitars. It's an awesome bike, and every mountain biker I knew would drool over it afterr riding it, trouble is, I don't really know many biker anymore as most have gotten too busy in their careers to ride. I wouldnt mind selling the bike for a reasonable sum so if anyone is really interested, call me at 270 792 3622. PS. $500 is not reasonable to me, it's worth that to me to break it out and ride every now and then. thanks

Traildawg   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2008]
Strength:

Light, cool frame design

The first bike I had was a very good bike for XC. I broke the frame in half going down hill and hit a tree pretty hard. This was not Living X's fault but they took care of me. They sent me a new frame which I've had since 1996 that has no cracks, breaks or any other problems to speak of. The bike has made it threw many sets of cranks, rims and even forks. The bike has been VERY good to me.

grohna   Weekend Warrior [Jul 27, 2008]
Strength:

very nice bike light weight i had it rebuild i ride it everyday

it has broke at the bottom of the frame i had it put back together i love this biker any more info i would like to hear

i like to hear stories about other living-x bikes because i cannot find them anywhere

Fluffy Bananachunks   Racer [May 25, 2003]

Loved that frame! Can't remember details, but it was a Team 16" Long or something. Was the greatest thing until the chainstay started to bend towards the crankside.

Also raced for them. on 05/06/1996 I had Crazyroo emblazoned across my back.

Not too long after Living-X went away, and became Plant for good, I called and had a batch of stickers sent out too me. Needless to say: I can't find them. The only pics of Crazyroo that I have are a few >small< electronic copies made back in the day...

Anyone have any Crazyroo stickers left over???

TIA
Geo

Noah   [May 19, 2003]

If somebody has a living x frame that is not broken, or hell even if it is please contact me: xcfisher@aol.com I would wish to purchase it. I used to race for living x back in the day, and it was my favorite frame of all time. I would be happy to take it off of your hands.
thank you!

Doug Dow   weekend warrior [Jul 11, 1997]

I was very interested in this product. Searched out every review in every mag. Was ready to buy, so I called the factory and ordered a catalog . . . 9 months later it came! It consisted of a crappy Xerox! . . . what kind of company is this??? I have long since purchased a 856 Proflex and have been extremely satisfied with it. Thanks Living Extreme for helping me see the light!

Kelly Fisher   cross-country rider [May 13, 1996]

For all of you out there questioning the Living-X brand of bike, don't.. This bike is incredible. The frame is made of externally ribbed (looks cool!) 6351 Al tubing that has been ovalized and butted. The top tube is shaped like an I-beam, allowing the cables to be routed out of the way, eliminating those nasty flesh eating cable stops. The stays on the team frame are bent, as well as the seat tube, which gives this bike a VERY distinctive look and ride. The ride, by the way, is stiff without being punishing. And it handles like a dream, with the *very* short stays the bike corners like it's on rails and climbs like a goat. Plus the bike came VERY well equipped:
Manitou Mach V SX fork
XT F/R derailleurs
XT V Brakes with XT levers and rapidfire SL shifters
White Industries cranks, BB, and hubs
Ritchey Cro-Mo clipless pedals
Kore Ahead stem
Dia-Comp Crane Creek headset (sealed bearings top and bottom)
Zoom Micro-adjust seatpost (light and well designed)
Selle San Marco Ti saddle
Sun CR17A rims and 15/14 DB spokes on Wheelsmith built wheels
Salsa Flip-off skewers
Panaracer Greenlite tubes
Panaracer Smoke Lite (1.9) and Dart HC (2.1) tires (both wire bead)
Zoom 170gm bar
Gore shift cables
Custom paint

All for just under $1800.. Where else can you get a bike like this for anywhere near that price? And no, I dont work for Living-X, Im just one incredibly happy customer. A couple of my friends are dumping their GT's (a Pantera and a Zaskar) for bikes just like mine. If that isn't a good testament, I dont know what is. Plus they have a 3 year warrantee on the frame, and a $150 crash replacement policy. In addition to this, they offer a one time upgrade policy that allows a previous buyer to get a new frameset from them for 50% off the retail price. In other words, get a hardtail now, when they release their full-boinger, buy it for half off. Good idea! If you cant tell already, I give this bike a wholehearted 5 stars!!

Martin   cross-country rider [Nov 05, 1997]

I originally loved this bike until one day SNAP. The Chainstay broke. Man was I dissappointed. Here I bought this bike because it was cheap but had an awsome gruppo, now I have to invest in a new frame.
Living X no longer exists. It is now PLANT. The sold me a frame for half price. It is an EASTON tubed frame. I can honestly say it is way better than the Living X. I guess I really did not know a quality ride because I was so accustomed to my Living X. Anyway PLANT gets 5 Chillies living X gets 1.

DAVE   racer [Oct 30, 1997]

THESE BIKES ARE SHIT.EVEN THE NAME SUCKS.I MYSELF WOULD NEVER OWN ONE BUT UNFORTUNATLY MY FRIEND DOES.HE WAS CLIMBING A HILL ON THE ROAD AND SNAPPED HIS CHAINSTAY IN HALF.
THEY DID WARRANTY IT.WHY HE EVEN GOT IT WARRANTIED I DON'T KNOW.ON HIS NEW BIKE THE WELDS HAVE HOLES IN THEM AND THE BEND ON THE SEAT TUBE HAS AN OVERLAP IN IT.THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE RIDING THESE PEICES OF CRAP ARE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT A REAL BIKE SHOULD FEEL LIKE.TOO BAD YOU DON'T HAVE THE OPTION TO PICK ZERO STARS.

Justin Tocco   cross-country rider [Oct 23, 1997]

Just wanted to let everyone know that since I changed over to thier new PLANT frame I have had no trouble with this frame what so ever. It rides better than the OZZI ROO and the geometry is excellent for X country riding. I've also raced this bike several times this summer and it's performed flawlesly.