K2 Bike Mountain Bike HT200 Bike 1998 or Older

Mountain Bike HT200

HT200

Javier Rodriguez   Weekend Warrior [Mar 29, 2001]
Strength:

Solid frame for a beginner and the Atlus components are not bad for those who never clean or tune their bike much!

I hate the fork and the stock stem had that replaced with a Manitou SXR and Titec stem. Worst bakes on the planet I replaced them one week after I bought the bike and I was beginer! Weak grips and an ugly huge saddle.

The Bottom line is that I would not have bought this bike if I knew now then! I was a beginner at MT biking at the time of purchase and did not want to get in over my head in buying an exprensive bike. As my skill level progressed as well the love for the trails I started to upgrade the bike. I had many great crashes and scars from the bike but it held up nicely. It taught me how to love Mt Biking and will never forget my first MT. Bike. Now I ride a Swchinn Homegrown Comp that Kicks major Butt!

Similar Products Used: K2 attack 3.0 & GT avalanche & 2000 Swchinn Homegrown Comp
OVERALL
Bill Biker Oldiges   weekend warrior [Nov 18, 1998]

I like K2's HT200, it was well within budget. I felt I got alot of bike for the buck. Really have not put it to the test yet, but plan to this winter/spring. Why don't you have K2's on the bike mfg. list? Should would like to know what other people think of theirs.

OVERALL