Giant Iguana SE Bike 1998 or Older

Iguana SE

Giant Iguana SE

omnimodis78   Cross Country Rider [Mar 29, 2010]
Strength:

Lasted it for over a decade with all original components
Relatively light
Solid components and construction

Simple design

I got this bike in 1997 and used it as my primary mode of transportation and my recreational cross-country bike! This bike has seen its share of trails, mud, jumps, snow, rain, potholes, worship, misuse, and then for about 3 years, practical neglect! I haven't even touched it for those 3 years, and then a 2 weeks ago I took it for a spin and it still rode like it was new. I decided to buy a new bike, mostly for emotional reasons (just wanted something new), but to be honest there's nothing wrong with my Giant. One of the best investments I've ever made! If you're reading this because you're thinking of getting one (no doubt used as I'm sure you can't find a new 1997 Iquana SE) rest assured that you'll getting a good bike, just make sure it was treated well.

nick   [Dec 13, 2001]
Strength:

FRAME IS DURABLE HAVENT BROKE IT YET TAKEN OFF LOTS OF DROPS 1 FOOT 2 10 FOOT DROPS

NONE REPLACABLE DROP OUT, FORKS COULD BE BETTER, PEDDLE ARMS AND CRANK AND PEDDLES, SADDLE BROKE FIRST RIDE

THIS BIKE WAS MY FIRST SERIOUS BIKE IV HAD LOTS OF FUN WITH IT BUT IM SELLING IT CAUSE IV MOVED ON 2 THE SPECIALIZED P3. I'LL MISS IT.ANY BODY INTERESTED IN SELLING THERES I'D LOVE 2 BUY IT. HERES MY E-MAIL ADDRESS---- WWW.MBFREEKY@AOL.COM

Similar Products Used: NOTHING REALLY
Paul K   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 29, 1999]
Strength:

Very durable, light, very quick Rapidfire shifters

Brakes are a tad weak

This is a truly amazing bike for a hardtail and is a high quality piece of equipment. It's my firs good MTB and I am very satisfied with it and would recommend it to anybody who is looking for a great bike in a fair price range. You really are getting value for your money!

Eastie Boy   Weekend Warrior [Dec 04, 1999]
Strength:

Good Price
Durable Frame

Stock Saddle, tires
Cheapie Fork

I figured I'd post a review as someone might want to buy this bike used. It was my first MTB, and pretty decent for the price. The geometry is relaxed and the cromoly frame has given a good ride. I have ridden this bike about 1000 mi, 90% singletrack, and it has held up. The stock tires were crap and the saddle bent, but other that than no major problems. The indy s fork is pretty harsh, but better than rigid and hasn't busted. Obviously not a racers rig but a good bike for the dough..buy one if the price is right. 4 chillies for value.