Gary Fisher Big Sur Bike 1998 or Older

Big Sur

Gary Fisher Big Sur

Derek Crandall   Cross-Country Rider [Jan 10, 2000]
Strength:

I have got out of it all I ever wanted the bike is very stiff I'm pleased with the componets except the rear xt

bike would be almost perfect if they had added xtr deraliers

This bike is great it for the money I paid $915 for my '99

Similar Products Used: used to ride a diamond back, marin, trek
Jimmy Schofield   Racer [Oct 27, 1999]
Strength:

well, natraully it's as strong as a women, so that ofcourse it doesn't give it much credit.it got a amazing saddle and a fab quality pair of dust caps.

It's sh** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n/a i was pushed to even give it 1 out of five, but i couldn't get any lower for this poor excuse for a bike.

Similar Products Used: APPOLO PLATO (RRP 10p)
GIANT TEAM WORLD CUP 98 ( 300 POUND JOBBY)
MUDDY FOX (FOUND AT THE DUMP)
penny fathing
Jason Mitchell   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 27, 1999]
Strength:

Sweet setup for the price, great looking, great climber, frame allows you to stretch out and get comfy

Not very nimble--sometimes it reacts very slowly.

This bike is a real steal for the price. It has better components than many bikes I looked at and saved me tons (I paid $700). I have had tons of fun with my Big Sur. She's economical and gets me by until I can get a Schwinn Homegrown Factory Suspension.

Similar Products Used: Old Diamond Back Zetec
Schwinn Homegrown
John G Miller   Cross-Country Rider [Sep 22, 1999]
Strength:

This bike has done everything I have asked it to do. Climbs well (a little heavy), points downhill very well (at speed!) and the components are great (have not had to true the bontrager wheels 600+ hard trail miles)

a little heavy for a hard-tail

Great Value if not willing to spend $1500+