Diamondback Sorrento Bike Bike 1998 or Older

Diamondback Sorrento SE Bike

The Criz   Cross Country Rider [Sep 15, 2011]
Strength:

For over 13 years, i use the same cro-mo frame, regularly update the shimano components and i guess i won't change my bike in this life... Just the parts!

The standard 22.2 frame, difficults to find a suspension or stem that fits perfect, so i always search at old school bike stores, the modern, fancy stores ain't have it! And makes that ugly face 4 my old bike made new!

I've made over 60 000 km on her, and she is still loyal and young! She is my everyday transport. Her baptism were at Sorrento, Italy. Where I return every year, to ride the Amalfitan Coast.

Similar Products Used: She is being enough to me, for years!
Hogg   Weekend Warrior [Aug 12, 2011]
Strength:

Love this bike, especially for the price paid. This is a very sturdy bike, light weight and the ride is smooth. Shifting is very smooth as well. I now have close to 75k on it already and I definatly love this bike. The one I have is Red and White Sorrento 2011. Boutht at sportchek. Price was 350$ on sale for 250$ but idiots at Barhaven Sportchek in Ottawa made huge mistake so the took 50$ off. Paid 199$.

As all the other posts, the seat is not that comfertable and the plastic pedals dont impress me. I have not had any issues with the pedals as of yet. Changing them anyway this week for metal ones. The seat will also be changed very soon.
Bike looks great.

This is my first bike since I was a kid. I am a heavy guy, 260lbs and I have had no issues with this bike. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Plan to put lots of miles on it and will repost to let everyone know how it holds up.

Eventually move up to a better bike but for now its AWSOME.

Similar Products Used: None
Marvic   Weekend Warrior [May 18, 2011]
Strength:

Durable, no failuers after 200+ miles

Heavier than a $1000+ bike, I wished the handelbars adjusted "up" farther to match my frame, super long legs -average torso. Please, no circus clown jokes

If there was a better bike at or below $400 I would be riding that. For the money, the Sorento was a good investment and meets my requirements. At the time I purchased mine, there was many frame sizes and colors to choose from and were in stock at most sporting goods stores in Denver. I shoped all year long and learned the best prices were not off season but in the spring.

Similar Products Used: Simalar priced bikes, like mine better
jonapran   Cross Country Rider [May 09, 2011]
Strength:

good shifting decent braking light tough rims and frame

chain bows fork pedals

Awesome with new pedals and fork ,cheap for good bike with disk brakes.

Similar Products Used: diamondback smokin
kranked factor
minhas   Racer [Aug 31, 2010]
Strength:

good handleing on sharp turns.
sturdy frame.

the derailure would jam or over adjust the chain and it would come off the rail.
the back tire popped and deflated the first ten minuets of riding for no reason at all.

it was the worst bike i have ever used. a wallmart bike would last longer!

xCATCH22x   Weekend Warrior [Jul 20, 2010]
Strength:

It's a solidly built, (mostly)quality product. The thumb shift mechanism is astronomically better than the twist-grip shifter I was used to. The brakes are amazing, and the stock tires seem to be holding up well.

The stock pedals were rubbish. I broke both of them, but they were replaced with a pair of Diamondback steel ones. The deraillure setup has failed on me twice, and the entire back wheel has been replaced due to an internal ratchet issue. If I stopped pedaling, the ratchet wouldn't lock, so I'd have to pedal like crazy, to catch up to where I was in the wheel. The front fork is entirely too soft in my mind.

I think this is a solid, great bike. But some adjustments need to be made so it will stand up to the abuse I dish out. I'm looking for an enclosed rear gearset and a new front fork. also, eventually a new set of BMX handlebars, to differentiate it from the pack, and a new set of black rims.

Similar Products Used: I haven't owned another bike that lasted more than 3 months. I kill bikes, so this one, lasting over a year, is a great product.
pedro   Cross Country Rider [Mar 25, 2010]
Strength:

strong and sterdy frame. well balanced, good brakes.

stock pedals and seat

This is the best bike ive ever used, It is really sturdy, tough and climbs up hills like a dream, I love it. If you like riding cross country should get it.

Similar Products Used: none
inflatableit   Weekend Warrior [Sep 30, 2009]
Strength:

value for the $$; durable frame; good rider position if you don't want to ride tucked down

cheap pedals and seat

I've owned this bike for 10 years. I also had an older cannondale road bike so I traded off. I sold the cannondale because I tired of the road experience. Great first and intermediate bike for commuting, path, and trail riding.

tampalandbeast   Weekend Warrior [Sep 28, 2009]
Strength:

This bike handles well and the frame seems sturdy. The brakes stop great for rim brakes as well. Much of this could be irrevelant seeing that I am only 14, 5ft. 6in. and 120 lbs.

The fork cant handle any sort of shock, at all. The wheels are weak and even i was able to bend them pretty bad. The brakes don't like to stay adjusted. This bike also does not like changing gears or goinf up hills. The chain also has a habit of coming out of place. It is a little heavy as well for such a simple set up but that is reflected from the price.

This isnt a bad bike for the price. It should be used for light and flat trails. It does handle nicely. If you get this bike just change the fork and wheels, and you would have an ok bike. This is a good first mountain bike but u might want to get rid of it as you get on some more tricky trails