Dagger FSI Bike 1998 or Older

Eric Walters   Cross Country Rider [Aug 26, 2007]
Strength:

Light Weight, Nice Welds, the rear end remain ridge until you hit the bumps, Beautiful finish.

This has been an outstanding bike for 11 years. I've put over two thousand miles on it and it still look brand and rides like a champ. This bike weighs in at around 24.25 pounds. It's a great bike for cross country, climbing, jumping and throwing around on face tracks. This is one of the fastest bikes I've been on.

Similar Products Used: First active rear suspension owned.
Conejo
Ellsworth Truth
Bicky   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 13, 1999]
Strength:

A truly fully active suspension with the most minimal amount of pedal induced suspension activity. Great welds. Very light. looks that could kill

A little flexy in the rear. Amp shock still not up to par with the other companies latest. Little offerings in way of alternative to Amp shock.

This bike has been a dream. Just yesterday I was on a steep loose rock climb and I was amazed at how well I maintained traction. Not a free-ride, go for big air kind of bike, But a hammer down and go fast over all surfaces kind of bike. Very light and accelerates like a (insert anything that accelerates fast). My bike is about 24 pounds, give or take depending on how I have it set up( tire, tubes, etc)

Similar Products Used: Specialized FSR-XC
GT I-Drive
GT STS
Voodoo Canzo
Canondale super V
Schwinn Homegrown sweetspot
James   Racer [Dec 10, 1999]
Strength:

Wieght, Looks

The freaken AMPB3 rear pivot design

Yes this bike was a dream for 6 months that rapidly became a pain in the a$$. The rear pivot is so under built it looks like it shoud be in a childs toy, and after about 10 replacement bearing and a rear swing arm ($120 whole sale) I desided to turn this $1200 frame into a mailbox post. I have the hipest mailbox on the block. Dagger Dan is a weasle as well. He would say the bike would be there in 2 weeks yet after 3 weeks we would call and the frame was at the welder or the painter or what ever. After 3.5 month the frame did arrive, but why couldn't this dude just have been honest (this happened multiple time at a local shop a well as an order from Irine bike soure.) I thought this guy had gone out of business but it appears that his web page is up and running again. He also managed to disappear when the frames started cracking, so much for that lifetime warrenty. My DaggerB-3 developed a stress rise on the top tube where the shock stay welds on(actuallt the top of the tube opposite the weld) my buddies broke at the steerer another at the drive side chain stay and yet another rear swing arm broke in half though I believe the two later wete an AMP issue.
Take you fat cash and go buy a anodized Specialized. You'll get way more bike for your cash. DAGGER sucks