Cannondale Super V2000 Bike 1998 or Older

Super V2000

broknjaw99   Weekend Warrior [May 27, 2010]
Strength:

Durable light and tough

none yet

I have ridden road bikes all my life wanted something with versatility. A co-worker had 4 bikes and said he would be willing to sell one. He took me for a ride and I was sold. I bought it on the spot dead on the ground from the most gruling ride Id ever had. I now ride it on the weekends on trails and every night after work 9.8 miles on the road. Handles great and cant beat the price I paid. I feel as if I got it for way less than I should have. New to the sport of trail riding and look forward to many years of rididng with this bike..

Similar Products Used: none first full suspension
Mike Lewis   Weekend Warrior [Mar 07, 2006]
Strength:

plush ride, SOOPER LIGHT for an old bike. holds up great, good brakes for v brakes. all around great bike.

low gearing, bad for uphill riding. front deraileur a little skippy.

AWESOME BIKE! HIGHLY RECOMENDED (if you find one in a good condition).

Similar Products Used: Cannondale F-600
Steven Hill   weekend warrior [Sep 22, 1998]

I've finally switched to a full suspension from my hard tail. I was very concerned about pumping a heavier bike up hill while my hardtail friends leave me in the dust. I started up rough-go, a long, rocky, hard, very dusty uphill at Ananondale. I let my quick friends go first so as not to slow them up. When I reached the top, I waited forever for them to catch up. The entire way up I plugged along at my rhythm. One by one the hardtails lost traction or were bumped out of their rhythm and I passed them all! It was so easy to control I couldn't believe it. Everything worked in unison and flawlessly. I love this bike. I tried several others but this one was the one for me. $1900. is not bad.Downside: The XTR rear D was to be shifted by a rapid fire. I prefer grip. I had a grip installed but the way the XTR shifts, (opposite direction), my gearing numbers don't line up properly. It will take some getting used to for me.If your a hardtailer because you think you'll lose too much, forget it. What power you lose in the shock and the extra weight, you more than make up for in increased traction and control. I LOVE IT!

Markus   Cross Country Rider [Mar 03, 2001]
Strength:

Light weight, stiff, rides like a rocket, stays on track, Superb handling

Lack a front an rear suspenion lock-out feature

I am 6ft 3" tall and weigh in at about 190 lbs and I ride the bike in the XL frame size It has been and still is the best cross country bike I have ever ridden. I average on my SVA about 2500 miles in CC terrain and aboout 2500 miles a year on my roadbike. Once you have figured out how to set it up correctly, the bike becomes part of the rider. I love it and although I have ridden other bikes in the meantime too, nothing compares to my SV2000.
I can only recommend this bike. Unfortunately the Cannondales provide a sticker shock, but they deliver quality and tons of fun, so it pays off in the long run.