Cannondale F3000 Bike Bike 1998 or Older

F3000 Bike

F3000

Bryan Davis   weekend warrior [Mar 16, 1998]

I've had the F1000 for almost a year now and I just love this bike. On technical single trail it handles great at both high and low speeds. I ride in a club every Saturday mornings in the mountains and am the envy of most (except the Merlin rider). The only con is the persistent tic tic tic of the crank on heavy peddling. Definitely worth the $$$.

Glenn Tinseth   cross-country rider [Mar 16, 1998]

I bought my '97 F2000 used from the MTBR Marketplace for $975. I had to de-creak the Coda 700 cranks, and overhall the Fatty 70 due to a hole in the rubber gasket (and some little stuff like brake pads and chain). This bike is amazing! The Fatty real eats up the fast fire road bumps; I bet it's increased my in-control top speed by 5-6 mph on the downhills. It's very agile and at 23.5 lbs it climbs like nothing I've ever ridden. I get a lot of sh*t from the chromo-snobs I ride with, but when I clean a muddy uphill while my bud pulls his Yo Eddy off to the side of the trail to let me by, I just smile and say...You should have bought a Cannondale. Rating: 5 flaming chiles plus one more for viper red!

Pat   cross-country rider [Jul 20, 1997]

My friend got a F2000 in late june, and already the crankarms are bad, he has replaced the BB, the head SHOK SUX! MY Quadra5 IS BETTER THAN THE FATTY!!! AND IT IS SO DAMN OVER PRICED, THE F700 or whatever, has altus ,alivio, and stx comp. AND IT IS 870 DOLLARS!!! MY GT KARAKORAM IS 870 WITH FULL LX!!

Jake Frame   racer [May 13, 1998]

I recently bought a '98 CADD3 frame with a fatty SL fork, and customized the rest of the bike with RaceFace cranks, bottom bracket, and bars, control tech bar ends, 98 sram 8.0 micro adjust gripshifters, a thomas seatpost, ceramic rims, and full XT components. (Thanks to Old Town Bicycle in Gig Harbor WA) I must say that this bike totally rocks. I don't think I have ever loved riding a bike so much. I can spend all day in the saddle and not have any complaints. This bike is an unbelievable climber, (ever look forward to climbing hills...ride a cannondale), goes exactly where you point it without hesitation, and is solid as a rock decending. Kudos to Cannondale for making the best bike in the world.

Mike   cross-country rider [Oct 27, 1997]

Just picked up my C'Dale F1000 and the damn thing rips. It Climbs like no other bike I've ridden and a simple joy to ride on tight singletrack. I highly suggest mounting one of these. Viper Red rocks. Best XC bike on the market

Emanuel Durin   cross-country rider [Jan 30, 1997]

I am a Cannondale dealer, but first of all i'm a biker. I rode several different bike, titanim, GT zaskar, GT xizang and now a F3000. It's the best bike you may ever dream. is so lightweigt, rigid and in the same time confortable. The fatty 70 is much better than RS Judy. Thank you mister Montgommery to provide us so tremendous bike

Dylan Lewis   racer [Dec 29, 1996]

I bought a caad 3 frame and built it up like the f300. It rules! It's stiff,
light, and is a great decender. The fatty 70 soaks up anything.

Nick   cross-country rider [Jan 30, 1999]

I bought the late intro 1998 Cannondale F3000. From the minute I heard the specs on the phone I was in love with the bike. The sweet XTR drivetrain, Magura brakes, sweet frame and fork and the light weight make it the perfect bike 'specially for the price tag. Once I saw it I fell even more in love with it from the sexy paint job to how trick it looked. If this were a woman it would be my gf cus its perfect in every way except for a few minor insignificant flaws. The bb tends to squeak a lot now after 6 months of pretty hard riding... and the front hub is binding a bit but overall its serverd me well through descending ultra steep stuff to being there when I totally wiped out. I love this bike! If I got 2 things in life I'll be happy and I got them. My bike and my gf. Life is simple... life is good!

Chris   cross-country rider [Jan 28, 1999]

I enjoy this bike...kinda'like drinking a micro brew...some like it, some don't.....My 98F2K is quick in the tight stuff...average in the technical stuff and simply screams on pure singletrack that has nothing but powerhills and banks....rapidrise shifts nicely, love the 5 lock head///puts you ahead of the pack in a race when in comes down to powering the hill, whether it is on the fireroad or singletrack....Personally, it is a little heavy for me; that is not a bad thing...just a little heavy is all....a few upgrades to the bike and it competes with most high end hardtails out there......it is a fun, quick bike that climbs like a motha'.......buy it.

Laughing Boy   cross-country rider [Oct 28, 1998]

I'm scared of crack 'n dales. The shocks themselves are wonderfull, don't get me wrong, and the bikes perform great. But for all that money, you could get a better bike with better stuff on it. These bikes break way too easy. We chopped a frame in half to see how the CAAD4 was different from the CAAD3 and it was scary to see how many voids there were in the welds (air pockets. there should be NO air pockets in a weld). Also you may think that a smooth, sanded down weld is better looking, but it decreases the strength of the weld.
four stars for performance, 1 star for quality