Cannondale Delta V 1000 94' Bike 1998 or Older

Delta V 1000 94'

Cannondale Delta V 1000 94'

VENDETTI.CZ   [Jan 24, 2013]
Strength:

maximalní propracovanost rámu,nízká váha,vydlice super,

porád me nekdo otravuje že mé kolo vymení za nové treba i treek nebo treba fels porád je odháním

super

martin   Downhiller [Jun 01, 2010]
Strength:

all you need

I have this bike since 18 years and its just awesome. I have never ridden on one of the new bikes with huge suspension travel but the cannondale Delta V 1000 does the job just fine. Now the rear suspension is leaking and i will have to change it. Fair enough after 18 years though.

Similar Products Used: no
mitch18   Downhiller [Mar 20, 2010]
Strength:

this bike is well ace i have had mine since 94 i have changed the brakes to hs33 maguras and rims to a slightly fatter rim for wider tyres as i uses mine for downhill mainly. never seen the point in changing (if it ant broke dont fix it) all though i do get insane offers of people to buy the bike to which i keep turning down i love this bike and will never part with i dont think i have had it for 14 years so the chance is very slim. as other people have said there is not a bike to match it.

the fatty headshok brakes easy as i manged to blow the top of if but been replaced with after market downhill forks with 150mm travel

this is the best retro cannondale there is there are a few people local to me that use them. its a cannondale which is the rolls royce of mountain bike

Similar Products Used: non
Dotan Shahar   Downhiller [May 04, 1999]
Strength:

Just Great. Very Powerful !

None.

They Are worth to ride and very hard to get them they are old but great bikes.

Similar Products Used: None.
Jay Glass   Weekend Warrior [Dec 14, 1999]
Strength:

very comfortable, forgiving with just enough handling and sport feel to ride controlled almost anywhere. I have Contental Goliath's which make this a do anything bike. The frame geometry is especially efficient to maxamize pedal efficiency. This is a climbing machine with excellent weight to effort ratio. It is just hard to find a better toy. I keep looking. The lock out front shock is supurb. I favor the frame geometry because it is lean and less complicated than most. It loads and stores easier.

Worry about getting it stolden! I wish the handlebar height was adjustable, for serious down-hill or sight seeing. I have a cane creek air shock rear, I wish had more adjustments on the fly. Expensive and complicated toys require more maintenance and expense.
If you can't pay to play go to Wal-mart. Buy a great lock! I wish they made velcro covered duck tape to make it look less valueable.

I own several hardtails, road bikes, and junk bikes. I never broke a frame, lots of wheels, but the fun is in trying. The delta v is the one for almost any high, partly because it feels like it fits me. Get a machine that fits you like a favorite sneaker. Then ride the paint off it!

Similar Products Used: Raven, GT, hardtails with seatposts.
Michael   Weekend Warrior [Jul 13, 1999]
Strength:

Light
bb pivot point
looks bad ass
best design C-dale has made yet

Aluminum loses feel over time

This bike rocked. I belive it is the best bike C-dale ever built and one of the best full suspension bikes ever designed. I do not know why they abondoned this design, but can only image it was to look as strange as the Trek Y frames coming out at this same time. My bike was blue with a silver rear triagle.
The pivot point was a beefy XT bottom bracket. The bike HOWLED down hills and was decent going up.
The earlier poster was wrong though, this was not C-dales first full suspension - I had a C-dale EST, their first full suspension, that I purchased in 91 about 6 months after they came out. Mine was silver, most others were black with a neon green rear triangle. It had a girvin flex stem, pepperoni forks, and a big spring in the back. When I busted the frame, C-Dale sent me my Delta V.
Unfortuinately - some A-hole stole it out of the copier room in my office earlier this summer. 8-(5 flaming hot chilis for the bike.
One big middle finger to the s**thead who is riding it now. I hope you crashed hard!

Dustin Reed   Weekend Warrior [Jun 08, 1999]
Strength:

Light weight alluminum frame with front & rear suspension. Bomb proof!
Old but still looks cool!

Original shocks were a little squishy...but easily replaced with newer high speed gear.

Old school...Cannondales first full-suspension Mt. Bike. After replacing the Head shock with a newer one, and the rear shock with a adjust on the fly model, this bike is as good as any newer full-suspension bike.