Brodi Sovereign Bike 1998 or Older

Sovereign

Sovereign

Bitch Beckman   cross-country rider [Oct 01, 1998]

Paul Brodie's design rocks! The responsiveness is unparalleled. After owning Schwinn, Diamond Back, Fat Chance, and having ridden Konas, Specialized, Treks, and Kleins I can say that it is little wonder that his frame geometry is copied in the frame world. The way the frameset is designed with the Tange Logic and the Prestige Ultimate Ultralight in the seatstays allow for an ultralight, bulletproof frame. I have thrashed this bike, and it keeps coming back for more. With the Control Tech Lawwill Leader fork on the front, I can go over or through just about anything. This frame has outlived about three wheel sets on it, three seats, two seat posts, two B/B's, two crank sets, two chain ring sets, and two handlebars. Any questions?! It's in its environment when going hard and fast through the rocks, if you have a titanium nut sack to spark on the rocks...

OVERALL
brANDON   Cross Country Rider [Jan 26, 2000]
Strength:

Design, light weight, cnc dropouts LOOONG top tube, price if you go to canada and sneak it across the border

no such thing here....maybe the stickers....naaahhh

I have had the closest thing to this bike in feel...the old Kona (joe murray) top of the line, but this frame rocks harder (its actually an expresso) Never have I punished a frame so hard with drop-offs, air etc....and it never phases the darn thing. It was hard to decide at the time, tried the breezer, ritchey,Marin yadda.....but one test ride on the brodie sold me, the longish top tube with short chainstays combination is a winner.
To sum it up, I went through and sold or broke about 18 bikes in 6 years...I have had this thing for 6 years and will keep it till it explodes....been trying cause I want a new one but IT JUST WON"T BREAK.

Similar Products Used: I think the only "mainstream" bike i haven't owned or tried is a diamondback
OVERALL