Brodi 98 Voltage Bike 1998 or Older

Brodie 98 Voltage

Keith W.   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 10, 1999]

I love my Brodie for one main reason - this baby handles like a dream! I've never ridden a tighter, more agil and responsive bike. Way snappier than my Rocky. Took me some time to get used to its quick steering - bruised a rib-cage overcompensating a turn. Light and firm, this thing becomes part of your body. Climbs with ease and takes the down-hills with grace. But my Voltage is now a Sparkage; had some paint problems with the Voltage frame, so Brodie replaced it with a Spark unit (same frame). Only complaint is that the paint job on this frame isn't very tough either. Better, but it still chips pretty easily. Kick-ass colour, though. Anyway, a bike like this sould be thrashed until there's no paint left, anyway. Just repaint it. It's the geometry and build you want, and this baby will make you wonder why you ever rode anything else!! I originally heard of Brodie for its chromoly frames but this aluminum design is pretty darn solid. Keep it up, guys. Paul Brodie sets the standard for frame design, so buy your bike from the original, not the immitators. Brodie gets my nod. If I could give it 41/2 chilis I would, but I can't so I'll round it up to 5!

OVERALL