Breezer Thunder Bike 1998 or Older

Breezer Thunder

klisco   Weekend Warrior [May 18, 2010]
Strength:

Steel - 19.5 lbs from factory, fast, nice equipment from Ritchey

no shock front or rear, hands can fatigue

I love this bike and ride it on highways mostly for conditioning. I am not a daredevil and I am getting older. I need to put faster road tires on it for more speed. I have strong quads and think I could compete with roadies a little better with streamlined tires.
Shocks might be nice but I have never had any so I do not know what I am missing - advice is welcome. Klisco

Similar Products Used: none
brianlex   Cross Country Rider [Aug 04, 2008]
Strength:

Ritchey Logic (Tange prestige) cro-mo, Breezer "telepathic" ride and cool paint job, Light, simple

I love this light old bike and people want to check it out all the time.

Similar Products Used: My first mountain bike and I still use it occasionally.
Kassian Ortner   Downhiller [Jul 31, 2001]
Strength:

Light weight, unbreakable, sprints,acceleration

still searching

GREAT BIKE, it even falls from the roof of my car at 160km/h, and it's still like new, it is really unbreakable...
I ride it for 8 Years the only alternativ would be a Breezer Lightning...I love this geometry

Jim   [Dec 23, 2000]
Strength:

Light weight, but built to last.

None-techno weinnies won't like this bike.

This bike is light, climbs with ease, and handles well downhill. Everything seems correct on this bike. When you are ready to ride for the sake of riding, there aren't many bikes better than a Breezer. No fads here, just a great bike.

Sam Stien   Cross Country Rider [Nov 22, 2000]
Strength:

climbing,sprints,acceleration,just about anything!

none yet

GREAT FRAME! UPGRADE WHEN NEEDED,BUT IT CAME SUPERLIGHT. RIDE IS HARSH,BUT FAST,GOOD LOOKS AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO SNAG ONE CHEAP.

Similar Products Used: none
Bob   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2008]
Strength:

It's a Breezer, need I say more?

It's getting up there in the years so it will need a new paint job. (the paint was always a pain on these). My oldest daughter took over this bike. So I had to set it up for her & don't get to ride it anymore.

I picked it up as a backup to my Jet Stream(I love my Jet Stream). With the front suspension (My Jet Stream is a 95 so its ridged)and the little heavier steel for the frame I thought I could retire my ProFlex Beast from the rought stuff. But my daughter took it over. So now it's father & daughter both riding Breezers.