Balanced Audio Technology AL750 Bike Bike 1998 or Older

Balance AL750 Bike

cooperacolt   Cross Country Rider [Aug 15, 2010]
Strength:

i really dony know.the fact everyone is trying to buy this bike off me

i need to get new rims break pads and derailercame w an easton neck that dont fit

this bike is obviously tight as hell but i just found it busted up in the middle of the street.luckily its me finding it and iam a weekend rider of sorts.i love riding getting more and more in to it and ive done my research and am lookin for responses on this bike .advise is welcome and at this point the bike seems to b worth 1900 msrp.true or false?im looking to fix up bike to better it.yes i already know this bike is no longer built therfore worth money balance went bankrupt in 97-98.really what can i get for this bike just incase i do decide to sell.

Similar Products Used: schwinn
impact[hydroformed aluminum down hill f&r shocks
Spencer Starks   Cross Country Rider [Mar 21, 2007]
Strength:

Stiffness, geometry, weight

No rear Disc mount

This is the closest review I could find to the AL850, I really love this bike and untill now never thought of getting rid of it. Back in the day it was lighter than most every thing out there. This frame has seen many races and thousends of miles of trails. I worked in a bike shop or two bake in the day and have takien a brake from the bike thing for the last two years. In that time there have been many advances in bicycle tech. I will never let this frame out of my sight......

Similar Products Used: Al450
Sofian Abdul Rahman   cross-country rider [Jul 04, 1997]

My AL750 frame has LX/XT components with a Q21 fork. This is one stiff frame and there's no worry about power not being transferred by the pedal stroke. The geometry allows a very aggressive riding position and quick steering response. A rather shortish top-tube induces a cramped feeling in the cockpit but not uncomfortable enough to cause problems. Quick, agile and fast. Not for beginners.

ralph huckable   Weekend Warrior [Aug 04, 1999]
Strength:

excellent bike!!
climbs and descends like a dream!
perfer it over my friends xc bikes. Zaskar's and a M2. great fade paint job. had it for over 2 years.

this is one kickass ride dudes!!!

Jeroen van den Brand   Cross Country Rider [Mar 31, 2001]
Strength:

Strenght, looks, controlability

Still riding this rig. Like it still from day one. There are some scratches on the frame right now, but that is since I ride this bike a lot. Been virualy every were with it. Love the quick cornering and predictablility.

Last year had a second bike next to my AL750. It was a steel Specialized. Sold it after 1600 km, since almost everything about the bike sucked, except the frame. Since I loved the ride of that steel frame, I began looking around for nice other 'second' bikes. Ended up with ordering a VooDoo Bizango 2000. This bike never came to me, so after waiting for more than 6 months, and getting richer, decided to order a DeKerf Team SL. This bike was build for me in December 2000 and became my way in Januari. Still, saddly, in the process of building the rig.

I became a big fan of the steel-feel. Though, I will never turn down my good 'ol '97 Balance AL750. I am thinking of restoring it to an complete '97 bike with the original steel fork and oldschool XT parts.

Check my 750 and Team SL out at: http://communities.msn.nl/cruelcycles

See ya. This will be my last review on this bike, I think....

Balance is out of the scene and never will return, so it is useless to discuss the great ride it can be, if you aren't able to buy one.....

Jeroen van den Brand
The Netherlands

Similar Products Used: Balance AL450, Specialized, Trek, VooDoo, the usual
Jeroen van den Brand   Cross Country Rider [Aug 03, 2000]
Strength:

Frame, looks, riding caracteristics, everything

Forged dropouts, I would like to see some CNC'ed things....

Great bike and I still want nothing else for racing around!! Just upgraded my bike with own-made Chris King hubs with Sapim spokes and Mavic 517 rims. Now the bike does not only look good, it sounds even better with that King hub!!!! Please mail me, if you want to see some pic's!
I like to get in contact with other Balance bikers!!!

Ciao

Similar Products Used: AL450, Trek, Specialized, VooDoo, Cannondale, etc.
Noriel   [May 07, 2000]
Strength:

Nice frame geometry, got it for a good deal at Sun & Ski.
Very agile and can climb.

aluminum doesn't last forever, and I cant find a new frame without going on some quest. Mine didn't have a replaceable rear derr. dropout. I did find a small crack near the hole where the rear pannier attaches.

I love this bike. Too bad I can't find it around the web. If any of you balance owners out there still have your catalogs, could you please email me? I accidently threw mine out while moving out, so I have no idea what my dimensions are. BTW, My AL 750 is the polished and Aqua blue color. I think I'll go with those Grip Shift betsy's and a red suspension for to complete my "All American" bike theme wish I could get it done by July 4...

Jeroen van den Brand   Cross Country Rider [Apr 25, 2000]
Strength:

Stiff frame that handle's like a dream. Not the lightest on the market, but one off the finest, YES! Looks great.

Nothing found yet

I am going to upgrade this bike soon. I will put RaceFace cranks on my bike, and some Syncros parts... My fork cracks at the joints of the crown. I will get a new crown/upper legs soon. Then I will build the Judy to '00 SID SL. I think the weight will go down with appox. 300 grams at the front of the bike....

Soon I will have pictures of my bike. Mail me! I would like to come in contact with other Balance riders!!!