SR Suntour SF-XCT 2006 Front Shocks

• Integrated HD: ID type / 50mm
  • Steerer tube: STKM
  • Brake: Disc & V-type

tamagotchi78   Downhiller [Oct 29, 2010]
Strength:

Great for jumping. absorbs the needed to help make it easier

i found the shocks to freeze up or not work when it went below zero(canada)needs slightly more for tricks

a good thing to use but i wish it would contract just slightly more

wavey101   Weekend Warrior [May 25, 2010]
Strength:

Does what it is supposed to. irons out the bumps and softens the landing from jumps. Haven't experienced bottom out ever and no leaks or problems so far.

Adjustment could be a bit more precise but that's no biggie

Great forks for the keen rider on a budget. Will tackle most intermediate terrain and out perform the average weekend warriors abilities. I have dropped in from 3+ feet and not experienced bottoming out or poor recoil. no leaks unlike zokes zones I had a few years back that lasted 2 rides before failing completely. Almost as good as Judy's but a fraction of the price.

Similar Products Used: rock shox judy, zokes zone blt
davebentley   Cross Country Rider [Apr 25, 2009]
Strength:

These forks came on the new diamondback outlook and overall i was very pleased as these are clearly the best forks for a cyclist in the 150-250 price bracket

May bottom-out on large drops but so far they havent and i have been off at least 4ft ramps and these have held up

Excellent value for money and i great buy for a begginer/intermediate cyclist looking to take on tricky terrain

Similar Products Used: ....
puravidachicago   Weekend Warrior [Oct 30, 2008]
Strength:

Reliable thus far, and it's taken a beating. Works well for XC trails and moderate drops. Relatively smooth throughout the travel. Does the job, what can you say?

Bottoms out on bigger drops (I'm a big guy 200+lbs). Just 75mm of travel. Heavy, but so is my bike. I squeaked until I took it apart and cleaned it; since then, it's been all good.

My next bike will have a better fork, but this suntour has treated me well. You can do worse for $80.

Jon   Racer [May 31, 2008]
Strength:

Strong, good travel, adjustable

weight

The fork is a very good fork, it doesnt bottom out on me, I weigh 175, and have dropped some good distances with it. My only concern is the weight, it is a little heaveir than I would prefer. I would be using my rock shox carbon fiber fork, but it does not have disc brake mounts. It is definitely a great shock though, does the job well, there is very little torsional flex as well so steering is tight. All around great fork, if I was still racing, I wouldnt use it only because of the weight.

Similar Products Used: rock shox, fox, marchozzi
Devinci Krendell   Downhiller [Apr 08, 2007]
Strength:

Extremely strong, light, huge travel, air coil, suntour.

None!

I replaced my original fork on my Sunday, because I needed bigger travel for my big downhill race. I am so glad I did. This fork is a tank! I weight 213 pounds, but this thing held up perfectly! I was not worried the slightest when the 10 ft gravity drop approached. I flew, and them the guys told me I had won! Strong fork, light, and huge travel always wins. I am never replacing this thing!

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Light, Rock Shox Argyle.
nick johnson   Weekend Warrior [Aug 02, 2006]
Strength:

The shocks are very soft and comfortable, its good for only riding on the street. matches bikes colors and looks good kinda

Bottoms out too easily and way to soft for someone over 140. If you jump over a 1 foot thing it will bottom out. the adjustablity sucks too.

it sucks if u weight too much