Marzocchi Z.1 Light Eta 2006 Front Shocks

Z.1 Light Eta

Z.1 can be used in a moderate freeride condition. Not intended for large drops, jumps and gaps. Z.1 series is between AM & extreme freeride.

kovaldesign   Weekend Warrior [Nov 18, 2008]
Strength:

light, stiff, plush, easy adjustment, maintenance free, quality build and it looks the bisiness

NONE

Fantastic forks in every aspects, very easy to setup.
Maintenance free. So far the best forks I have ever owned.
I use my bike for any type of riding, been with it even on some XC races and I was the quickest on slopes and fairly quick when climbing thanks to ETA travel lock-down which is a great feature.
After 2 years of riding this beauty I decided I will upgrade it with the latest 55 ETA forks so I put these on my bike but just after few rides I went back to my old Z1 - I just did not like it! I think the secret lies is RC2 damping which is so much better when compared to TST. Also 55 ETA was 300g heavier than my Z1 Light.
Shame non of the new 55's come with RC2 system. The new adjustment knobs also seem to be cheap and just falling off, while knobs on Z1 are solid and very well finished.
Buy it if you can get it!!
Z1 still rules!!

Similar Products Used: other marzocchi's coil forks - generally impressed with this manufacturer
Tried once the Manitou Sherman with SPV - what a piece of crap is that!!
GR   Weekend Warrior [Mar 19, 2006]
Strength:

Easy to find replacment parts, white Color, premium weight (2,540 kg), Cool design, very plush and stiff. Easy to setup for heavy riders. Have 4 adjust.

Big price... ADJUST of Compression very easy to broke, be careful with it.

I was need a fork what can working like a boxxer (very plush), to ride down from the hill, and be not so heavy for ride up to the hill. At last minute i think what i must buy the FOX 36, and then i go to the shop to buy them i prefer Z 1 =))

Just pump air in to the right leg and you can easly setup fork for your weight. I turn compression to clockwise to "fully open", pump a 60 psi and go to the ride! I buy fork that what i needed. ETA a very good stuff, then you climb up. If you want do-it-all freride fork - prefer this!

Similar Products Used: DirtJumper 03, Boxxer Ride 05, White Brothers FR 1.5 05, DNM USD 180 04
will small   Racer [Mar 18, 2006]
Strength:

my first zocchi and were a bit stiff out of the box but got proper plush bout a week in.

erm none.

get them they're a fox and manipoo killer

Similar Products Used: 36 vanilla
joe turner   [Feb 28, 2006]
Strength:

all the adjustments work well. ETA is nice. Hard hittin.

nothing

what you whould expect from another pimpin marzocchi fork. This fork is light enough to handle the ups and hits surprisingly hard on the downs. The new 20mm seems to be stout. I like. If your thinking about a fox 36, you should think about this instead. Bangin, for about 3 bills less.

Similar Products Used: just marzocchi
Ryan L.   Weekend Warrior [Jan 01, 2007]
Strength:

Smooth travel, lots of adjustments - and they all work great. Fairly light, stiff. All around great!

lost my red knob too

I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it....

I had this fork on my XC bike when I got it but after blowing the seals on my 66 I put it on my SX trail. I was blown away! I allready knew this fork was great for xc/trail use but I had not had much time hucking with it. After the my first hit with it on one of our 10ft drops I knew that my 66VF was not going back on my bike! I've now had the fork on my SX for nearly a month with no regrets. It even soaked up out 15X18 rd. gap better with ease.

I love it, I love it, I love it.... Go buy one NOW!

Similar Products Used: '03.5 Z150, '06 66RC2X, 06 66VF
Daniel   [May 05, 2007]
Strength:

i love this fork. the travel is so smooth and has so many adjustments that it can be used for vertually any type of riding.

after about 1 month of use, a strange clicking noise started happening whenever the fork compressed. this didnt affect the performance of the fork untill about a month later i noticed that the eta leaked. it would compress but then slowly start coming back up.

aside from the eta, this fork is sick.

ps to keep the red knob on, just tighten the allen key inside of the knob while holding the knob still.

Grant   Weekend Warrior [Feb 01, 2006]
Strength:

Fork is extremely plush. The coil spring gives a very predictable feel, nice and linear. Can be adjusted very easily, climbs well for what it is.

None so far, maybe weight? but only 5 lbs for a coil sprung 150 mm through axle fork isnt bad at all.

Extremely good fork for the money, its a little pricey but super plush. Can go from riding a trail plushness for small bumps to 6 foot drop plushness with just a couple clicks of compression damping. much better damping system than the older 04 Z150 and the manitou nixon platinum, the RC2 works wonders. Highly recommend this fork.

Similar Products Used: 04' Z150 FRSL, 06 manitou nixon
sa   Downhiller [Nov 22, 2006]
Strength:

Strong and plush. Many parameters for tuning. Good service.

Lost red knob :(

Amazing fork for light freeride. If you wish you can ride some cross country on it :)

Similar Products Used: 66RC2X - also great product, 66VF2
M.C.tigre   Weekend Warrior [Nov 15, 2006]
Strength:

Very smooth and strong.

Lost Red dial at bottom of rt leg. Note use locktight.

This is my first full suspension bike and I am extremly happy with the setup. I like the way the Z1 rides and feels. It is smooth and a very adjustable fork. It does not dive on turns and sokes up landings very well, even off camber. I like the eta and use it more than I thought I would. I wished they would have made the Z1 light at 160mm or 165mm. Great fork though and I am happy with it.

Similar Products Used: 36 talas and 36 vanrc(I liked this one a lot)
wiz   Weekend Warrior [May 17, 2007]
Strength:

super plush, super stiff, very adjustable, looks lovely.

none yet

got these second hand but in new condition, the seals still needed several rides to bed in and lose the stiction but when they did ,wow.like riding a full on down hill fork without the size and weight,soak up every bump small and large with control keeping the front wheel firmly planted - tracks the ground superbly. only niggle is the silly valve adapter needed to set preload,pain to use but does the job. you can set these super stiff or super plush with just a little tweak from your shok pump. rebound and compression adjust work a treat and ETA proves very useful when climbing on steep trails, just dont forget to turn it off at the top or you'll find yourself with a very short fork half way down the hill when you need travel the most, on that note have achieved full 150mm travel as well unlike some other forks out there