Marzocchi MX Comp Eta 2006 Front Shocks

- XC/ Marathon racing w/ extreme durability is demanded

Johnathan Desnoyers Nagy   Weekend Warrior [May 12, 2008]
Strength:

Very plush, very stiff, very gradual, ETA is AWESOME!!!, love the white model (which i have) and love that i can make it 105 mm or 120 mm.

Internal rebound... Still haven't figured out how it works but soon will. Anyways, does it really mater?

This fork is awesome. I've done 2' drops and didn't even come close to buttoming out! I have the 105-120mm and its awesome! Love the ETA feature, its great when needed though i don't need it that often.

I paid only 205$ for this fork and trust me, i couldn't get a better quality/price deal EVER!!! This fork is great for what i do, its so gradual when working it. Its very stiff and plush. Only buttomed it out once because it doesn't haave enough air in it. I'm only 150 so you can imagine that its needing a bit of air.

This fork it awesome, but don't try and use it for insane downhill, or 6' drops because your chances of breaking it are high. But once you try this fork, its guaranted that its going to make you push yourself harder and become a better rider. I'm so confident with this fork.

If your looking for something cheap but great quality, get this fork. If your looking for downhill, don't get this fork though its more for smal XC riding and drops not bigger then 4' maybe 5' max but thats pushing it a bit to far.

Similar Products Used: None really
Zdenek   Cross Country Rider [Sep 27, 2005]
Strength:

great performing, silent work

I hope nothing big

The ETA is the coolest thing I have ever ridden.The ETA is great when climbing, you understood how many energy fall away from U,when fork is not locked. Fork is much smooth and gives a plush ride. It absorbs every thing very well. U know u went cross the stone, when it´s under your rear wheel. Really I like it very much and rocommend for cross country with sport spirit. I mean it is something on the border between hobby and sport use.

Similar Products Used: RS Duke, Pilot
ran chen   Weekend Warrior [Sep 02, 2007]
Strength:

work smoothly, realy hard to use all the 100 mm, the eta is great for climbing.low maintenanc.

internal rebound (if you can say its weaknes)but if you adjus it onc its ok.

in israel the only forks you can find under 500$ is this one and few rock shox. all the others is more than 700$. and for week ends, city travel i dont need more than that

Similar Products Used: rockshox tora, judi, indy.
Hawkeye   Weekend Warrior [Feb 10, 2007]
Strength:

Strong, light, plush, reliable, great looks, solid performance, cheap....just amazing really!

This is not just a budget fork because the build and performance exceed that. It is really a mid-priced fork sold at a budget price. Excellent ETA and total confidence inspiring performance together with the legendary reliability make this remarkable! This Fork had no unecessary whistles and bells but is the benchmark against which all reasonably priced forks should be judged. Well done Marzocchi!!

Similar Products Used: Too many to list...but I'm well qualified to know a good fork.
Kel   Weekend Warrior [Jul 02, 2007]
Strength:

Nice color, ETA, plush, affordable, durable, can withstand agressive riding, doesn't bottom out

Internal rebound hassle to adjust. You have to release the pressure the remove the cap to side in a rod to change the rebound. The external rebound is for the MX Pro so I don'thave to complain. Changing the travel takes a lot of time swisting the knob but being patient helps. The warning stickers are hard to remove (still in my fork)

This a very good fork! It's my first time to use Marzocchi since I was used to Manitou, but I got hooked to this brand. I also wish I could own a Fox Talas. I also like the white color like the fox forks. The ETA is really useful especially when climbing. With this price range, you can't go wrong with all the features, feel, and marz durability.

If you want a durable trail fork w/ useful adjustability, then buy this. If you do jumps more than 3' then look at the All Mountain line or the 66.

Similar Products Used: Manitou Six, Manitou Skareb Elite
Jeff   Weekend Warrior [Jan 22, 2007]
Strength:

Plush, doesn't bottom out, fairly light, adjustable, stiff.

none.

An excellent fork for the money. I'm able to ride many portions of trails that I previously couldn't because of this fork. I experience reduced fatigue and arm soreness after a ride. I use about 25 psi and an intermediate rebound setting and this fork works excellent for my 180 lbs. I was originally concerned about putting such a long travel fork on my old school hardtail, but the geometry change is hardly noticable at 100mm of travel and handling is improved if anything. Another fantastic Marzocchi product, great for people who would rather ride than maintain their gear.

Similar Products Used: Rigid fork, mag 21, Judy XC (1996), Z2 Bomber(1998)
Larry   Cross Country Rider [Apr 28, 2007]
Strength:

Colour, ETA, does not bottom out, very smooth very plush, I don't get fatigue in my hands, sticks to the ground, doesn't leak air or oil.

being picky the Paint, I put a small chip in the arch during the installation (not sure how)

ETA+TAS.
I can't say enough about this fork. It is awesome. It is a no nonsense fork that gives alot of rider confidence,at a great price.
Along with the thudbuster LT this has transformed my bike into a real pleasure to ride.
As I brought from Jenson I have the USA version of this fork in white - this makes my ride unique :)

Similar Products Used: manitou axel
Jonas   Cross Country Rider [Nov 25, 2006]
Strength:

Great performance, not too heavy

None that I can think of. Maybe internal rebound if I have to say something

This fork has really impressed me with its great performance and its low price. Makes your hardtail go smoothly almost anywhere! Haven't used the ETA very much but I kind of like it on high-speed road stages. Highly recommended!

Similar Products Used: RS Judy C + some others in short tests
Igor   Cross Country Rider [Dec 09, 2006]
Strength:

light, I personally weighed it and it came under 4 pounds with uncut steerer tube, very adjustable, ETA is sweet, looks amazing

internal rebound, not really a weakness unless you constantly change your rebound

Wow! thats all i could say when I exchanged my stock Mani-poo Axel for the Mx Comp with Eta and Tas. There is a world of difference. First of all, the Marzocchi is made in Italy, so the quality is astonishing. The white color and the overall impression the fork makes is great. as for performance, the ETA does what its supposed to do. Help you kill climbs and long road stages. If you feel like youve had enough of the pavement, switch to 100-120 mm of travel and you can conquer the trail. I got mine at Jenson for $228 and its the best deal out there! forget Fox and Rock Shox, go with a Marzocchi, you wont be disappointed.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox Recon-more expensive and alot heavier, Manitou Splice and Axel, not too great-too stiff
Watson   Weekend Warrior [Sep 25, 2006]
Strength:

Robust well constructed piece of kit. Very smooth and excellent ETA unit. Keeps air in and crud out so very good seals. Tracks the ground very well. Amazing value.

This cannot be beaten for value, not just because it is cheap for what you get but because it really does perform amazingly well in all but total downhill circumstances. And the ETA is simply superb! Tracks well too and needs very little attention. Oh.....and it doesn't lose air.