Marzocchi MX 85 2006 Front Shocks

• Lower Crown: Superlight Marathon crown
  • Drop-Out Type: Standard

[Aug 13, 2006]
Curtis

Strength:

seems good.

I'm not sure yet.

Last week, after owning the fork for about 3 weeks I heard a pssssst noise coming from the bottom of my left fork leg and all the oil came leaking out so I was upset. The following day I went to the bike shop and the guy said it looked too complicated for him to fix but he referred me to some local Marzocchi specialist guy. He said I was looking at probably $90 to repair it. The specialist guy wasn't answering his phone so I called Marzocchi and told them what happened and asked what I should do. They told me how to fix it myself. It wasn't too complicated. It cost me $13 for some new oil at a local bike shop and I had to look up how much oil each fork leg takes at the Marzocchi web site. I've been on a couple rides since then and the fork seems to be working perfectly again. I guess what caused the oil loss was whoever assembled it didn't tighten down that screw well enough on the bottom of my fork. No seals were broken or anything. I'm still happy with the fork. It's night and day compared to my Jett, but I have to take off a star for the oil loss and trouble to fix it. The damping is great.

I had another suspension fork before this but it doesn't compare in quality. It was a Rock Shox Jett from '99. No damping, just a spring.

OVERALL
[Jul 30, 2006]
Curtis

I like this fork a lot. I'm basically braindead and this fork does all the thinking for me. Thanks Marzocchi.

OVERALL