Marzocchi All Mountain SL 2006 Front Shocks

AM is between XC & FR therefore not intended for drops, jumps, and gaps. Intended for aggressive XC riding.

Murvis   Weekend Warrior [Oct 23, 2011]
Strength:

Light, invincible, plush, super adjustable, excellent fork for a light rider.

Fork manual

For all mountain in my opinion one of the best forks ever made once it's set up right (Ignore the pressures in the manual, they are too high). For light riders this is also a decent freeride fork (although would benefit from a maxle for extra stiffness).

tom geraghty   Downhiller [Sep 01, 2007]
Strength:

Lightweight, adjustability, looks and stiffness.

Poor performance out of the box, marzocchi always put the wrong amount of oil in. Marzocchi say they're not for freeride, but a lot of people use them for that. Hell, most of us were using xc forks for freeride ten years ago anyway.

Excellent forks for the price, and weight. Marzocchi always apparently mess up the amount of oil in them, and mine had way too much in, so even with just 25psi in each leg, the forks were really too progressive and only got 2/3 of the travel they should have done.
After emptying out the oil, (let out the pressure, take off the top caps, pour it out, pour the right amount of new oil in, top caps back on, pressure up) and with half the amount of oil that was originally in there, they perform loads better, and the spring rate doesn't ramp up as much.

Similar Products Used: Z1, RC35, Judy,
Ronan   Weekend Warrior [Jul 14, 2007]
Strength:

Looks, Lightweight for such a fork, if people want a lighter fork go get 1 but you'll be sorry as it will break. Plushness and responsiveness.

Manuals, technical and set up information not really available.

Great fork but a pig to get it right, i still have not. I'm posting this looking for help. my fork is a 2005/6 all mountain sl but does not match any info in the manuals or on this site. they do not have the tst adjust on any leg just a schrader valve on top of each and rebound adjust on the bottom right and if i use factory recommended pressures they are rock solid. where are the pos/ neg chambers and the par. a good fork but for some reason my fork in particlar has no info for it. it is, i assure you, an all mountain sl. SOS. Any dissambly drawings would be cool to as i want to change the oil.

Similar Products Used: Marz. Z2, Z1. Fox and Rockshox.
Kirk   Weekend Warrior [Jun 30, 2007]
Strength:

Light Weight, Holds Air Well, Adjustable, Great TST Lockout dial

This is a great 150mm light weight and adjustable air fork! Highly recommended for trail/all mountain riding. I would buy it again at the clearance price of $389.

Similar Products Used: AM 1 & Talas 36
John   Cross Country Rider [Nov 12, 2006]
Strength:

Pluuushhhh! Terrain adjust is where it's at. lock it out for the uphill, plush it out for the down. Nice and sturdy.

None so far.

I was a little apprehensive to spend so much on a fork, but this one got such glowing reviews on here and I found a deal, so I went ahead and bought one. The settings can be a little confusing with positive and negative air chambers etc. but the manual explains everything really well... once I got it all dialed in, I was glad I spent the money. This thing takes everything on the downhill. Things I wouldn't even have tried, I glide over now, and the uphill climb does not suffer at all. Do it!

chad rivetti   Weekend Warrior [Jul 07, 2006]
Strength:

good and strong fork, no noticable flex, even heavy braking.
extremely plush on the small bumps, and climbs great

travel adjustment, cant do it on the fly.

great fork, for the way ride, which is all-mountain, 20-35 mile endurance rides.
the only complaint is the the travel is not adjustable on the fly. the lockout works great, and the terrain adjust is fantastic,

Similar Products Used: fox, white bros
Rider dude   Cross Country Rider [May 09, 2006]
Strength:

Plush travel, Adjustability, Stiff, Marz track record, Reasonably light, no more trail-side snickering as I've now got a legit 6"

Lets see, has caused me to fly down trails I previously tip-toed down thereby missing some scenery. Boulders, drops, rocks etc. have mysteriously shrunk or disappeared from said trails, Time has lost all meaning and my kids wonder where I have been all day.

Has either made me a better rider or dragged my rudimentary skills to a higher level - I'll accept either.

Similar Products Used: A few
Joel   Weekend Warrior [Nov 25, 2007]
Strength:

Adjust ability(extremely adjustable), excellent weight to strength ratio(light weight for fork type), bottomless(it really is with the PAR feature) mean looking.

Manual terrible(not the fork's fault), little rubber caps, special air fill adapter.

I waited to review the fork until the seals broke in. After the seals broke in and getting settings dialed-in to my riding style, this is truly the best fork I have ever used. It is durable, light, and smooth on small through big hits. I can adjust every aspect of the fork's ride...and can do it on the trail.

Bottom line: Get this this fork if your frame will allow it! You will NOT be disappointed.

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox, Fox and other Marzocchi's (upgraded from a 04 MX COMP ETA 120mm)
Jim   Cross Country Rider [Jan 11, 2006]
Strength:

super smooth feel , light for 6 incher , lock out for long climbs , lots of adjustability , looks a whole lot better than turd colored Fox 36

This fork is unbelievablly plush ! It is a perfect match for my Nomad and does everything very well . You also get the full 150 mm travel as advertised - nice ! The price is also good considering Fox is chargeing close to a grand for their turd colored 36 . This is a smart alternative to the other overpriced and overhyped 6 inch single crown forks plus Marzoccis quality is tops in the suspension buis.