Manitou Travis Single 150 2006 Front Shocks

• New aluminum cartridge TPC plus damping
  • Steel steerer

[Jan 19, 2007]
Ryan

Strength:

nice damping, the compression and rebound adjustments work great, very strong and excellent for any type of riding

the rebound adjuster knob bent a bit but didn't affect the performance of the forks

these forks are good for slopestyle, dirt jumping and some street riding, its so easy to do manauls with these forks on the front of the bike, they are a little expensive but its worth the money

marizocchi drop offs

Downhiller

Strength:

-you can adjust this fork so much, just with turns of a knob, i mean two knobs
-it can take downhilling at keystone with eas
-i took it off the 15footer drop at keystone it was like you didnt even know when you took off and landed.

dude if there was a weakness, i probably wouldnt be tempted to put a review for it

The bottom line this is coming from a very picky kid and the kid who is the cheapest kid out there. I will buy the fox forks but, i think there just jokes on how much crap you have to mess with to fix the fork to feel nice. I mean all this technology in mountain biking from fox is mostly a scam. If the travis fork is to soft for you you can infest in a new spring, that will cost $70. Compared to $1000 fox fork. Also fox is always saying that the fox 36 fork can be set to be used as a cross country fork too. I mean how many people you know set it at 110mm travel on a freeride/downhill bike and want to go bike up a mountain. Come on fox puting effort into building diffrent travel so its more expensive. This also goes with rock shoxs. Anyways, the travis or manitou for that sense is the way to go.

i demoed the marzochii 66rcx and the whole fox 36 line and nothing matched the price,simplicity or how it didnt feel to hard or buttery.

Downhiller

Strength:

-you can adjust this fork so much, just with turns of a knob, i mean two knobs
-it can take downhilling at keystone with eas

Downhiller

Strength:

-you can adjust this fork so much, just with turns of a knob, i mean two knobs
-it can take downhilling at keystone with eas

Downhiller

Strength:

-you can adjust this fork so much, just with turns of a knob, i mean two knobs
-it can take downhilling at keystone with eas

[Mar 19, 2007]
Kevin Foster

Strength:

Good feeling fork for the money. Original springs were way to soft, even for me at 180 lbs. The extra stiff spring is way better.

My only complaint is that after about a dozen rides the lowers snapped off just under the axel mounting bolts. Bolts were even tightened to specs. It pays to check over your bike before each ride, even though it ruined a good day of riding finding out that it is broken. But I guess it is better than it failing with me on the bike.

Manitou makes good forks for little money but I have gone through three in the last year. I do have to say that after today, they do have great customer service. My shop called about the broken fork today and they said that new lowers were being shipped today no questions asked.

Manitu Stance Single, until the dampining cartrage blew out and the fork went ridged on the landing, on a 6 foot drop to flat.

[Aug 22, 2006]
ROB

Strength:

ULTRA PLUSH,ADJUSTERS WORK GREAT,34MM STANTIONS ADD STABILITY AND STRENGTH,COLOUR BLACK IS COOL.

ADJUSTER ON BOTTOM OF STANTION.

I WANTED A FORK THAT WAS MORE OF A ALL AROUND FORK.SOMETHING I COULD DO GAPS WITH,DROP BIG ON,AND STILL RACE ON AND THIS FORK HAS MORE THAN SURPRISED ME IT'S FREAKY STABLE AND THIS COMING FROM A GUY WHO WAS USING A 02 MONSTER T.SO YOU NO WHY IT CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE.

MARZOCCHI RR

[Mar 14, 2007]
Tim Spencer

Strength:

This is a beautiful fork - it's black on black and really makes my Intense look ruthless. Cool redish/pink compression knob and blue rebound knob.

Stock spring WAY TO SOFT! I weigh 200 lbs and there is no wayI could ride this off anything bigger than 2 feet without bottoming it. I have the compression set all the way but it's way to soft. My previous fork was a Sherman Firefly with 130 mm of travel and stock spring NEVER bottom out on 6 ft to flat. If I have to buy another spring I'm going to be pissed. I'll talk to Manitou and see what they say.

Just because I weigh 200 lbs does this mean I have to buy ANOTHER spring? If I weighed 400 I could understand! That is RIDICULOUS. You'd have to weigh 90 lbs not to bottom this fork. WHen I got it out of the box, I could compress it just with my arms - that's soft.

Firefly and Mazocchi AM 1 -

[Sep 01, 2006]
Rick

Strength:

Stanchion diameter, smooth stroke, stiffness.

Not compatible with IS type brake calipers.

I bought this fork to replace my Sherman Firefly Plus which although good on the big hits wasn't that great on small continious bumps. Also thought it could have been a little stiffer. The Travis 150 fills the bill and then some. Almost bought a Marz 66 but jumped on this fork which my LBS took off a customer's bike who bought a Fox 36. Glad I did. I'm taking off 1/2 a chili for the lack of brake compatibility (forced me to buy a new post mount XT caliper) but rounded up it's still a 5. Going to give it a real good workout next friday at Whistler!

Too many to list in total...recently Fox Vannila, Manitou Nixon, Manitou Firefly Plus etc.

[Jul 20, 2006]
Jon Whisenand
Downhiller

Strength:

Plush as can be, takes what ever you can throw at it, saved me more then once.

a little heavy

I had a 06 enduro expert almost the same set up, but it had DeeMax's and the Fox 36 Talas. This fork blows the fox out of the water it feels soooo much better. It brings the front up a little higher over the fox but i love how it is set up. The 36 was a good fork but you cant compare an air fork to a coil fork, now i need to get me a 36 VAN and see how it stacks up.

Zocchi z1 Fr3, Fox 36 TALAS