Manitou Black Elite 2006 Front Shocks

• Travel: 80, 100, or 120mm

[Apr 06, 2013]
Alex

Everything

I lifted my front wheel off of the ground going downhill. The stanchions came completely out of the bottom part of the shock and made me face-plant incredibly hard into the ground. I scorpioned over and my arm(which where still holding onto the bars) were bend completely over and behind my head. What a shoddy product or assembly. Really pissed off about the quality of this joke of a product. Definitely wouldn't recommend buying anything from this company. Pure Garbage.

[Sep 11, 2007]
tim murphy

Strength:

poor quality, poor customer service

After six months from purchase of fork it failed and had to be sent back for warranty.I broke out the bike again in the spring to with the warrantable fork and it promptly failed after a few rides. I tried to send it back for a third warranty repair but Manitou would not honor any repair due to the "time frame," e.g. one year warranty. I guess the fork failed on the bike while it hung in my garage for three months. Perhaps I should of hooked it up to some type of CPR monitor. Hey, Manitou we have something called winter up here in the Northeast, generally most of us are not trail riding with several feet of snow on the ground.

rock shox, fox

[Aug 01, 2007]
Toby

Strength:

TPC lockout and adjustment are effective. On the trail the fork feels fine.

The design and quality of the internals. At 2 mon. after purchase it started leaking oil at the rebound knob. Repaired under warranty. At 10 mon. it locked up and was replaced under warranty. At 23 mon. same thing happened to replacement fork.

The internals have serious design/ durability issues. I'm 170lbs. and I do not ride rough or jump. I actually only get out on the bike 6-12 rides a year. With that said and having gone through two forks now I would have to call this model a lemon and would not recommend it to anyone.

1995 Rock Shox Judy XC. I used this fork for ten years with zero problems. It was maintained and never needed to be rebuilt. I wish I still had it.

[Nov 13, 2007]
Versun Getericks

Strength:

Inability to absorb shock.

There are known issues with this fork. I sent it back twice and Manitou never took care of the problem. This thing never held air and leaked oil the whole year I owned it. I threw away hard earned cash on this piece of poop and, now I'm out three hundred dollars. I will never buy another Answer product again. Further, I will convince every biker I know to never buy from them as well. If I could give zero flamming bags of dog poop, I would.

SID, X-fly, Marzocchi Atom, Fox F100 RLC