Fox Shox Vanilla RLC 2006 Front Shocks

Fox Shox Vanilla RLC 2006 Front Shocks

However you ride, and however you want your bike to handle, TALAS has you covered. Our proven TALAS (Travel Adjust Linear Air Spring) system is easily adjusted in 3 mm increments from 130-90 mm allowing the rider to quickly tune in the perfect travel. Combined with our legendary steering precision, a wide range of adjustability, and sophisticated shimmed damping, the lightweight and feature packed TALAS is a sure bet for any trail conditions.

Weight: 3.78 lbs/ 1.72 kg.
Travel: TALAS travel adjust: 130+110+90 mm
-Low speed compression damping
-Travel

[Mar 26, 2006]
Chris

Strength:

stiff, light, dual coil springs, functional good looks. tunability (though with my level of patience and bone-headed mind set not sure if that's too much adjustabilty for me: i just crank it stiff and slow rebound and shoot down the rocks)

too early to tell.

Marzocchis were all good, but got tired of breaking the ever useful-when-working ETA levers. Then I found out that Fox 2006 dual coil spring 32mm stanchon fork is a mere Willo-Wispy 4# and I can buy with a near wholesale discount due to their sponcership of the MTB organization I am proud to be a part of: how sweet is that.

I've finally arrived: found a modern fork that rides awesome and looks fine. We'll have to see if Fox forks are as durable as the heavier Marzocchi are, but Marzocchi's fragile ETA levers are their Achillies' Heels that opened the window for me to try a Fox fork.

2006 Fox Vanilla RLT wins the gold standard of cross country mountain bike front suspension performance: Vanilla rocks!

2004 Marchocchi Z1 130mm ETA QR (broke ETA rod/lever), 2003 Marzocchi MX Comp ETA 105mm (broke ETA lever), 1998 Marzocchi AtomBomb 70mm (np, but no disk tab), 1998 Rock Shock Indy S 50mm (cheap, a joke).

[Mar 09, 2006]
JP

Strength:

This for is simply amazing. Simply the best fork I have ever felt. Smooth, smooth, smooth. LOOKS, HOLY %&#*, LOOKS !!! SWEET!! Lock out, easy adjustability...list is endless.

NONE

For the value...you can't beat this fork. SUper plush, super smooth...LOOKS TOTALLY BAD!!! If Fox continues making forks like this...there won't be any competition soon. GOT TO GET ONE!!! GIVEN IT 5 FLAMING CHILIES!!!

Manitou Black Super Air, Black Elite, Marz Bomber, Rock Shox Judy SL, Judy XC (really going back), Skareb, Dorado (on Tomac DH setup)

[Apr 20, 2007]
CC EASYRIDER

Strength:

Great fork/like the fact it has a spring/air compression feature. Read other reviews of having great reliability. Build/probust assembly is tops over Rockshox.

NONE PEROID/HOPE FOX NEVER DISCONTINUE THIS MODEL AS I WILL BUY AGAIN FOR MY NEXT BUILD.

Buy it without any hesitation as this is a great fork, you will not be disappointed. If you do hate it after purchase, resale value on this fork has been very high, it should tell you something about this fork.

Rockshox TI

[Nov 03, 2006]
Bloody

Strength:

Stiff, Light, great smooth travel. Nice color compared to older Fox products. Highly adjustable, worked well right out of the box for my 200# self. Adjustable blow-off for the lockout works well.

None so far

This is a fabulous fork. If you can get your hands on one for around $400 you'd be getting the best med-travel to long-travel single-crown fork out there. I saved a bit on my other parts with plans to upgrade eventually when they broke or I had the extra cash in order to get the best frame/suspension I can. I mostly ride single-track, semi-technical terrain up/downs, but last spring and summer I commuted 22 miles a day. I found that even though I have 5" of travel, the fork is so great at absorbing the little bumps that I never locked it out on my daily commutes (locked out the rear though) except on uphill sprints or something like that. Went on a couple of downhill rides this fall and never bottomed it out once. Super stiff and nice. Highly recommended. 4 chili's for value since these are WAY overpriced typically, 5 chili's for perfomance.

Marzocchi Z-1 MCR (2001), Manitou Xvert Super (1999)

[Aug 22, 2006]
Evan Leonard

Strength:

Stiff, smooth, adjustable.

Bushing durability. Being aware that some play is normal while the fork is static, the bushings have developed excessive play after <1 year of all mountain use. Oil height was checked. The fork needs what I would consider major work after 1 short season. Damping (not spring rate) feels too linear.

Feels great on XC trails, but durability led to an early demise. A Fair fork. Would be 4 chilis if bushings had held up.

Marzocchi Z.1 (great fork), and now I am trying a Rock Shox revelation.

[Sep 03, 2006]
Mike

Strength:

lIGHT, TRACKING,GREAT ABSORPTION FROM SMALL BUMPS TO LARGE ROCK GARDENS.

TOUGH TO ADJUST ON THE FLY WITH GLOVES ON.

SO FAR SO GOOD.lIGHT VERSITILE FORK THAT TRACKS WELL, AND HAS ACCEPTIONAL ABSORPTION.I HAVE BEEN RIDING ON MOSTLY FACTORY SETTINGS AND ONLY MESS WITH THE REBOUND AND THE LOCK OUT.I USE THE LOCK OUT ON THE STEEPEST OF CLIMBS.SO FAR HAS TAKEN EVERYTHING I DISH OUT VERY EFFICIANTLY.EXCELLENT ALL AROUND FORK.PRICE IS THE ONLY DOWNSIDE BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. 4 CHILLIE RATING ONLY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO COMPARE IT TO.I CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE ANY REGRETS!

NONE

[Jun 13, 2006]
gonzostrike
Downhiller

Strength:

light weight, excellent trail feel and bump absorption, steering precision, tunability

not free of charge

This is a great choice for any bike running 4" or 5" rear travel. It's very lightweight, the suspension action is very plush in all sorts of situations from small washboard ripples to big chunky bowlingball rockgardens, to rooty rutted chop. The RLC model's lockout makes the long flat rides to trailhead more efficient.

For my 155 lbs the QR axle is not an issue. I've run Marzocchi Z1 FR QR20 forks on several bikes, and this fork is their equal in every way related to steering and suspension feel, is more tunable, and is a good 1.5 lbs lighter. If you are the kind of rider who doesn't absolutely need 20mm axle forks, this is an outstanding choice for your 4" or 5" FS rig, or your long-travel hardtail rig.

5/5 chiles all around.

various Fox, Marzocchi and Manitou 4", 5" and 6" travel forks

[May 26, 2006]
CURTIS MCKEE

Strength:

SPRING

WEIGHT

CAME ON BIKE AT PURCHASE. I AM A BIG FAN OF SPRING SHOCKS. I HAVE THE HEAVIEST SPRING INSTALLED AND I AM 200 POUNDS. I LOVE THE WAY THIS SHOCK WORKS AND THE RESPONSE.

SID TEAM

[Jun 07, 2006]
John

Strength:

Bulletproof, rigid, and plush

haven't found it yet

This thing is the sh!t. It loves agressive and fast xc riding. It never feels like its in over its head. Much more solid feeling than my Nixon. Very happy with this purchase.

Nixon Platinum

[Jun 05, 2006]
Tanner

Strength:

stiff, amazing adjestments, lock out doesnt break when riding it hard.

....... not availiable in 20mm axle?

Unreal fork for the money, couldnt ask for anything more, its great to ride trails on it, then throw in the lock out and i session the park and street with it. I have it set at 100mm makes an amazing fork for anything. the only thing that i dont like is the stock springs are too soft even for me (150lbs)

Marzocchi z1, DJ 1,2,3, fox talas, rockshox pike, manitou sherman flick