Fox Shox TALAS XTT 2006 Front Shocks

Fox Shox TALAS XTT 2006 Front Shocks

The TALAS XTT offers the rider the best of all worlds. We took our two most advanced technologies, TALAS and TerraLogic and combined them, giving you the first travel adjustable, inertia valve trail fork. Travel is easily adjusted in 3 mm increments from 130-90 mm allowing the rider to quickly tune in the perfect travel. And the “Trail Tuned” TerraLogic platform offers just the right amount of low speed compression to filter out rider induced bob, while still providing that super plush FOX magic when the trail gets rough. No need for handlebar gadgets and distractions. Keep your hands on the bars, your eyes on the trail and your smile with the TALAS XTT.

Weight: 3.99lbs/ 1.82 kgs
-Bump threshold
-Travel

[Apr 18, 2006]
Bret

Strength:

Adjustablilty, stiffness, smoothness

none found

I bought this fork go downhill faster, yet be able to scale tech stuff when neccessary. I knew it would be a little heavier than my old fork. But I swear by Terra Logic, so I had to try it. The trail tuning seems to create a smoother transition between "locked out" and "active" modes. The increased bunny hop-ability is also very noticable. I am writing this the day after the fork arrived and I set it up for some familiar local dirt, so I've had only one ride on it so far. But I was so blown away by the performance I felt I owed it to Fox to submit the first review of this fork on MTBR. It is not a cheap product by any stretch...But the value of it's versatility and bob-free peddling is something you can't find anywhere else. I will update after a race to detail it's performance. Thank you Fox- this fork RULES!!!

Fox F80X

[Sep 15, 2006]
jamie alackness

Strength:

Butter smooth and lite

not as stiff as my old Minute dealing with fox takes forever It took over a month for this fork to be repaired! Fox seals Suck! They start leaking like a sive within a few weeks of riding.

Not quite sure what I paid for this fork. I specked it with my bike, but what ever it was it was way too much. When I first got this fork the terrilogic valve barely worked and within a few rides it totally quit working and within a month of riding the seals blew. Luckly a buddy of mine hooked me up with a manitou minute so I could send the Talas back to Fox. It took about 6 weeks for Fox to get the fork back to me. I put the fork back on my bike cranked up the threshold and nothing. So I took it into Frank at Moontime Cyclery to take a look at. He called fox and they claimed that the fork probably had some air in the valve and to ride it wide open for a few rides. So I rode it for a week with no change. Then yesterday my buddy Jeff and I rode The Lost Lake Trail and after the second down hill section which is a super fun. The boulders are perfectly spaced it seems so you can launch you bike off every other boulder to clear the next rock pile all the way to the bottom. At the bottom I decided to crank up the threshold and what do you know it finally works. It's a little different than the platform on my manitou's it's feels more like compression dampening than the minutes spv platform.
Bottom Line Fox has grown very rapidly in the last few years and everybody wants their product and thus Fox is having the same problem that every other manufacture out there that has experienced rapid success has. Keeping up with the overwhelming demand and maintianing quality is very difficult just ask any one who has experienced it. Hopefully Fox will over come this and start producing products with the Quality they were know for in the past. My old Talas is still getting thrashed regularly by a freind of mine it finally needs new seals after four seasons of riding.

03 Fox talas, 04 Manitou minute 1, 06 manitou Minute 2, Marzocchi freeride

[May 19, 2006]
Zeemis

Strength:

stiffness, travel adjustment, TerraLogic,looks,

not found, maybe weight and price

Great fork. Maybe a bit overlarge for my riding (I like to ride single tracks, woods, meadows, fields-"cross country), but when I go downhill now I can go faster and feel more safe. Fox is stiff and plush. When I go down steep hill, I do not worry about big holes, roots or stones. TerraLogic works! Just adjust sensitivity. On one edge of the range fork is harder, do not react on small rougnesses and do not bob, when you pedal off seat. Close to the opposite edge, fork is very plush and comfort. Looks (and I hope) it IS hi-quality fork.

Rock Shox Judy, Manitou Mars

[May 08, 2006]
Jamie Alackness

Strength:

Silky smooth, Fairly lite

The forks terrilogic valve failed after 2 or 3 easy rides. Not as stiff as my old Manitou Minute

Right off this fork just didn't seem right. The threshold adjustment didn't seem to do much but make the fork ride really harsh like the compression was way off to make matters worse every time I went out for a ride it rode differently. Then after the 3rd ride or so it just quit working all together. Now the fork works just like my old Talas R Which is fine but I didn't buy a Talas R. I bought this fork because of the Terrilogic valve and for no other reason. I replaced the Talas R on my old Foes Fxr with a Manitou Minute because Fox wasn't putting the Terrilogic valve in the Talas yet. The Minute worked perfectly for two whole years of riding, and cost half as much was stiffer and was only a few grams heavier. I was going to put another Manitou on my new bike but when I saw the new Talas XTT I figured I should give Fox another try. When I my lbs called Fox they offerd to repair it for Free, but I would be out of a fork for at least THREE WEEKS and from what I'm told that means at least a month. So I think I'll just ride it til the snow flies and ship it in then. THE BOTTOM LINE: Fox is having a bad year in the Quality Control Department first the DHX air shock and now this fork. P.S. I have about a month of riding on my new DHX air and no problems. So I think they finally worked out the kinks in it. To the guys at Fox Please: STOP putting out products that aren't ready to be released!

Fox Talas R