Fox Shox F100 X 2006 Front Shocks

Fox Shox F100 X 2006 Front Shocks

[Mar 15, 2007]
CRAIG BRYAN

Strength:

great WHEN IT WORKS.

after about 3 months of only cross country(no free or downhill)the fork keeps shaving the aluminum cartridge inside and filling the fork oil with the shavings and leaking oil past the seals and pouring down the fork leg in excessive amounts. I have talked then argued with Fox about these problems multiple times but and sent it back twice for extended periods of time for repair. I feel for $775 a person should get a product and warrenty that does not make you go months at a time with out a fork. I am very unhappy with the purchase of this fork and Fox!

Very bad purchase

OVERALL
[Nov 21, 2005]
Mark

Strength:

Lateral stiffness, adjustability, quality of workmanship, terralogic technology seems to work

Forget the pre-load psi chart, you gotta set the sag.

I've ridden this shock about 5 hours total. First ride was not impressive. Then I set the sag, ignoring the recommended psi settings for pre-load. MUCH better and plusher. According the Fox pump gauge that came with the fork I am running 60 psi and I'm 175 pounds, about 20 pounds less than the book says. I also set the terralogic sensitivity to almost three clicks out from full sensitive. Much better on small hits like small rocks and roots now. Much better fork than my old Duke XC, much plusher, much stiffer and more confidence inspiring. Jury is out on reliability.