RST Omega-SL 2005 Front Shocks

• Stanchion: Ti-Color
  • Outer Leg: One Piece Magnesium
  • Pre-Load Adjustment

alifish   Cross Country Rider [Mar 01, 2010]
Strength:

Could be the price, i got the fork with Jamis Durango 2 bike

Adjustment makes no diference, few hours driving makes your hands shake. Feel every fckg hole on the road. Fork feels just too hard.

Must buy sometning better, this is a low performance product.

Godzy   Weekend Warrior [Sep 20, 2005]
Strength:

Price

The oil cartridge is leaking oil.

The oil cartridge is leaking oil, so finally you are only on rubbers. You see that you do not have any more oil when the lock stops working. I have got the oil cartridge once replaced (under warranty) and now is again on the shop for a second replacement.

Similar Products Used: None
Matej Matko   Cross Country Rider [Jul 07, 2005]
Strength:

low cost product

springs break very easily

In first month evrythin was O.K., until i hit the road for real. After one "downhill" , if i can call it like that, the springs just broke, and became very noisy. You can hear the noise on tarmac and feel the oscillations inside. If you aks me if I woul'd purchase this product again, i wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Similar Products Used: Manitou Axel
Joey Aldrich   Weekend Warrior [Jul 10, 2005]
Strength:

looks cool

it died
i blew the damping/lockout assy. out of the fork

i weigh 130lbs this crap shouldnt be happening to me

Similar Products Used: i killed 2 gila T5s
Joey Aldrich   Weekend Warrior [May 06, 2005]
Strength:

I really like the lockout that mine has, and so far it seems strong. Its a little bit heavy but thats ok.

It likes to leak grease.

I have not fully broken my shock in yet but it seems to be doing well so far. I would reccomend it to any folks who take occasional ruts and bumps.

Similar Products Used: RST gila t5+, and it was crappy. The first one came w/ one bushing, the second blew out from riding DOWN a curb. The omega i recieved was free because of my warranty
Coots   Cross Country Rider [Aug 05, 2005]
Strength:

Extremely strong, can take bigs hits. I weigh 190, and put it on a old Kona Hahanna as a weekend, trash all the traiks bike. This shock and strong Kona frame takes all sorts of abuse and keeps coming back for more.

Leaks, and lock out works erratically. Adjusting the shock makes no difference to it.

Cheap and basic shock that allowed the old Kona to get seriuos again - used to have a Project 2 on the bike. I am a road racer and just wanted to join my MTB friends, and for a few bucks this shock does the job!

me =D   [Jan 08, 2005]
Strength:

it's just an awesome fork =D i bought it 3 years ago and it still works =D

It keeps giving this loud clank noise when i go off the curb..... i dunno why... but that sucks.. also when i ride and then i want to brake it shoots forward or something... i dunno why... but that sucks

Well i don't have a lot of money and this fork came with my bike which was 300 dollars, it still works but i sometimes hear a clank... which is cool i guess.... and i can play some kinda music with it, my friends are jealous =D

Similar Products Used: none this is my first fork !
Eldar Evensen   Cross Country Rider [May 31, 2006]
Strength:

None, easy to use the lock out button

All: heavy, hard to adjust, slow, dives when braking downhills

Broke the oil/damping after the first ride....

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone !!