Marzocchi Dirt Jumper I 2005 Front Shocks

• Adjustability PL/R
  • External Air Preload
  • External Rebound Adjuster

michaelblade   Downhiller [Jul 05, 2009]
Strength:

Everything

Scored this brand new from Canada off ebay.It is the color of a DJ II but has external R adjust. The color goes good with the B17 gray frame. I built the bike mostly for jumps but I ride any trail or hill.I need to find some mtb jumps before the BMX outlaw park kills me.It has well made sets but I'm 60 yrs old riding a mtb.It's fun but I would like some gaps that are more mtb.I retired from MX racing and will keep jumping and riding trails and hills on my mtbs as long as I am able.If you want light stuff on your bike then buy light stuff.This fork is strong enough to give extra balls. The park I ride is pro level and the people that built it are true professionals.I will have to pay them to build a few secret jumps for me and my hardtail.

Similar Products Used: Drop Off II
blaine   Weekend Warrior [Oct 10, 2006]
Strength:

everything. no flex, thru axle, rebound. It doesn't feel that heavy.

takes a while to break in, but works flawlessly after that.

Perfect fork. I did a 4 or 5 foot drop and didn't bottom it out. Great for any dirt jumping.lots of pop off jumps. Buy one now if you do dirt jumping and(or) some intermediate freeriding.

Similar Products Used: dirt jam comp, mz comp , exr comp.
fatcat   Weekend Warrior [Dec 17, 2005]
Strength:

Probably the strongest 100mm fork made. Takes alot to
compress it all the way down and if you did, its from
a 8-10 foot drop. Can be used on a hardtail jump or XC bike.
Has the sag and rebound knobs.

It has steel stanchions. So if you leave your bike outside the
stupid legs will probably rust after awhile. But that will be for folks who live in wet areas. The fork is no lightweight either. That ugly brown-orangish color---what happened to primer grey or puke beige as alternates to black?

Marz makes great forks and I have no complaints, except with their finish on all of their forks---they need to forget painting them and putting ugly stickers all over them. The stickers peel off fast and the paint chips off like someone painted it with a can of Krylon. Sell all of them bare aluminum and put some stickers in a plastic bag. Buy this DJ1 and forget the DJ2 and DJ3 or other brands, this fork will last for years of urban and trail use. I do believe your frame will crack before you f this fork up.

Similar Products Used: Dirt Jam 3, Manitou Sherman
matt   Downhiller [Feb 10, 2006]
Strength:

strong, takes abuse well. rebound works well

heavy,air preload doesnt work, bottoms out easily, doesnt stiffen up near the end of the travel,to soft

not that good if I could I would go back and use a 04 dj3, only reason it broke was because it didnt have a 20 mm axel, pretty sure the 05s suck so much because they switched the damping system but for 06 they went back to the kind they used in 04.