Manitou Stance Static 2005 Front Shocks

Budget-minded aggressive riders, Manitou has heard you! The '05 Stance Static lets you get into the dirt jump and urban scene without breaking the bank. It uses a reliable coil spring design, magnesium lowers, and an optional thru-axle that delivers stiffness and less flex. Durable chromoly stanchions and steerer.

bigbossin   Downhiller [Jul 12, 2010]
Strength:

ererything, have not had a problem.

there are none, you guys must not be verry good on a bike if you are able to blow your seals so easly.

awsome worth the money

stan   Weekend Warrior [Sep 12, 2007]
Strength:

nice cheap. If you buy some new seals pump up the psi way up. its actaully pretty good for dj..looks pretty cool and ultra plush.

bottoms out alot for street. leaky seals . paint rubs off. this shock was probably designed for smaller kids . my 13 year old brother (108lb) barely bottoms out after 6 ft stairs and stuff.. but blows seals alot

this shock was probably designed for smaller kids . my 13 year old brother (108lb) barely bottoms out after 6 ft stairs with arond 80psi in it

Similar Products Used: mazocchi dj2 manitou gold serires.. rox shox argyle
Jherich Silas   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2005]
Strength:

Strong Cheap, Relatively Light Looks great, Performs well

Bad rep, it seems the only way to adjust preload is with air on the left leg. I don't care for that.

If you use this fork for DJ, Urban, or maybe something inbetween I think you will enjoy the fork. Its good at what it seems it was built for. I have the 100mm with the thru axle. I don't know anything about the 80mm Standard QR version, but after riding this thing I don't think I would want to go any other way for this type of bike. Please understand I'm not pro Manitou, or anti them for that matter. My oother bike has a Marzocchi Marathon XC which is the best fork I have ever owned, but for this bike. I don't think even the Marzocchi's DJ would even be better.

Similar Products Used: I used lots of different forks, but nothing really like this.
Kyle   Downhiller [Sep 23, 2005]
Strength:

Strong and it looks okay. feels nice and doesnt "top out" like most Mazocchi DJ forks. people say it is impossible to manual ... but I find it easy.

The finish is already wearing real fast. I only get about 3 inches of travel and I have the 100 version. LEAKS A LOT OF OIL ! bottems out VERY easily. I can bottem it out by putting my weight on the front and pressing down

I think this is a a great fork for skatepark, but you wouldent really want to bomb it over a lot of stuff. feels really nice and it is an amazing deal when it comes with the p1, since the P.1 A1 comes with a Marzocchi MZ comp.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi Dirtjumper, III, II, I. Manitou stance Flow. Z.1 Freeride
bitterrider   [Jan 19, 2007]
Strength:

Sturdy fork

Spring too soft, leaky, no adjustments, weight

Mine came oe but I would buy it. I liked it right off the bat. It is a strong fork but too soft. Evetually it really softened up the the point I couldnt jump it anymore. But I added a few spacers to the spring and a hevier weight oil and its better than new. Stiff, strong and able to handle some serious stuff. Definetly mod the fork that is the key I have found. Probaly comprable to the gold labels. To me it blows away the crap marz djs.

Similar Products Used: marz dj3--fork sux azz.
Joe   Weekend Warrior [Mar 01, 2006]
Strength:

Looks Sick.Strong.Stiff-No Flex.Light

Kind of sticky.Paint chips

Sick Fork for the price. People who say they broke this fork or bent the steer tube don't know how to ride there bike.I have the 100mm version and haven;t had any problems besides the paint chipping.People who ride dirt jumps and street should buy this fork.Not for heavy Dh riding. O.k. trail fork.

Similar Products Used: DJ3. sherman Jumpers.Flick
An_tony   Weekend Warrior [Oct 14, 2005]
Strength:

A least expensive fork

Looks cheap
Steerer tube losen off after doing a few abubuca's

Somewhat a good fork. but I didn't like the fact that the steerer tube came loose.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi Dj forks, Rock Shox Pike
Sina Pourcyrous   Downhiller [Jan 02, 2007]
Strength:

Freeriding, 4-5 ft drops

leaking

This is the best low-priced freeriding fork, well it's not that low priced, I got a great deal..:)
This fork is pretty damn good, it handles 4X as well, for sure.

Similar Products Used: Rockshox Judy, Manitou Six
Joe   Downhiller [Jan 01, 2007]
Strength:

Burly for a cheap fork. Easy to strip and service.

Very heavy. Loads of stiction if you don't oils the seals regularly. Grease lubrication, near enough seazed up after less than 20hrs riding. Needed stripping and regreasing, though this isnt too difficult. Rebound adjuster makes little/no difference. Stock oil was rubbish, felt a bit nicer with some quality 15w in.

These forks feel ok, for about five hours of riding, and they just get progressively worse as the grease runs out, then then they need stripping and re greasing. Its not a big job to do this, with no special tools required. I wouldn't recommend these to anyone but a beginner, and even then your money would be better spent on a budget marzocchi fork. They do look cool all in black, and they are quite cheap, especially second hand. Without regular maintenance these forks will feel very rubbish, very quickly.

Similar Products Used: '01 Z1 Bam, '05 RS Psylo Xc, '05 Dirt Jam Comp.
Ethan Kuypers   Weekend Warrior [Dec 20, 2006]
Strength:

its realy strong for a cheap fork, it takes a real pounding

bottoms way too easy gets really sticky

the forks are quite heavy but found it as a plus cos i got heavy rear wheel set and did balance the bike nicely. they were way too soft and were ment to have 100MM travel but saged to about 80 most of the time. if you clean them up good and put a bit of silicon spray on the sanctions and they run prety well for a couple of weeks. dont buy thes get something beter like shermans(they are realy nice fork)