Manitou Splice Super 2005 Front Shocks

The all new for '05 Splice Super delivers value and performance at a great price. All the features you'd find on a top end fork are here, including a Rapid Travel Wind Down adjuster that lets you change the travel from 100-130mm, Fluid Flow damping, and a lockout knob so you can climb and sprint with power, even in "long-travel" mode.

lololol   [May 15, 2013]
Strength:

it holds my weight and its smooth for jumps

not enough to adjus

ovall its good

mblangbehn   Weekend Warrior [May 13, 2011]
Strength:

Takes a beating, inexpensive, does what it's suposed to, reliable

No Lockout

So here's the deal... This fork does exactly what it is suposed to, I point my bike where I want to go and it takes me there without dumping me on my head or causing me to soil my drawrs. This is the 130mm comp no frills modle (I'd rather spend my time riding than trying to dial crap in or count grams) AM riding in the muck, roots and rocks of Capitol Forest in the Pacific Northwest is no joke and not for the faint of heart and in the 5 years I've owned it it this fork has never let me down. I weigh just this side of 300 Lbs fully geared up and I've never bottomed this thing out and it doesn't have so much as a little leak anywhere. I can't say what it would do on big air stuff because where I ride anything more than a few feet will end bad but for true AM riding I have no complaints. I like it so much that it will be going on my Turner 5 Spot that will be here next week

Similar Products Used: Manitou Exvert super, Rock Shox Duke, Fox
Elchulachaser   Downhiller [Aug 26, 2010]
Strength:

I own 3.

The RTWD 100mm travel (in question) GARBAGE!!! but was on the bike bought and matched the Red, white, blue rig paint scheme...
The 130FF Comp and Elites are both light and strong.. They seem to be built as if they were made by different manufacturers..

Mind you, the 100mm says Taiwan, The 130FF Elite and Comps say USA.

The RTWD 100mm travel version sucks.. This was equipped on a K2 Razorback Team issue I assume for the color (blue) and I took the bike on a test ride today, Lets just say that the fork seemed to only have 80mm of travel including the 12-18mm sag as on the manual and not the full 100mm. I didn't mind becuase it rode fairly but was way too springy feeling. Getting to the worst part was when I hit a nice log run and the fork did a poor job of absorbing the bumps even when the compression was adjusted which didn't seem to do much... anyway, when I came down off the end log, the rebound leg cap (it's plastic!?!?!) popped off and hit my helment aswell as the lower rebound knob had snapped clean off.. Luckily, I was able to thread the stupid cap on and rode (limped the bike) back to the parking lot where little to my dismay... All the rebound leg oil had leaked out and the rebound adjuster rod had actually snapped!!!! What a piece of garbage!!!!

Don't EVEN look to the 70-100mm RTWD Splices if you choose the cheap route.. They are cheaply (for a nicer choice of words) made and you can buy alot better of a fork... I'm pro Marzocchi personally but I do own the better built Splice Elites and Comps with 130mm FF travel which are GREAT sets of forks.. I ride these on my other XC rigs and cannot complain as they are 1 lb lighter than my Marzocchi forks.... Go figure..

Similar Products Used: Nothing this bad.. Even the old All grease 100mm X Vert of pre 2000 is more solid and burly than this!!! I still have one hanging.
Franklynation   Cross Country Rider [Dec 13, 2008]
Strength:

Looks great. Rides well over most XC terrain

Doesn't handle anything big. Rebound adjustment doesn't do that much and could do with some more adjustments

A good first fork upgrade, but make sure you buy the 100-130mm version, not the 70-100mm like I did, as you will never use the lower setting. Works well for me as I am quite light (118lb), but I wouldn't reccomend for a heavier rider. Overall, works well for me. Good for XC and mild mountain trails, but do NOT buy if you ride downhill or on very rough trails, as it just isn't designed for it and it wont take it. Reasonable fork though.

Similar Products Used: Some rubbish stock Suntours.
Kyle   [Apr 06, 2006]
Strength:

*Note this review is for Manitou Splice Comps, 2005*

Seems strong, looks good, good travel, works well for jumping

Bottoms out easily, stantions colour wears away, no adjustment, weak looking crown

Forks work well, although sometimes in cold weather, they can go stiff. I've used it for dj, street + a little freeride and I've bottomed them out 3 or 4 times, but haven't affected them atall.

They are good if you want a long travel xc fork, and okay for jumping, but if you want them for anything more, you will have to invest more. Good for price, however.

LittleRay   Cross Country Rider [Mar 23, 2006]
Strength:

Looks. Very smooth ride, especially on bumpy, rocky, AZ trails.

No compression adjustment. Rebound adjust range.

This fork came with my bike, and unlike many of the reviews here, mine does NOT have compression adjustment or a lock-out.

That Manitou made a 130mm shock with no compression adjustment just baffles my thinker. Unless you weigh the specific weight for which the fork was designed, it's not going to work for you. I only weigh 170 pounds and I was hitting the stoppers on this thing just goofing around on Fantasy Island (for those of you in AZ, you'll understand that this means I wasn't hitting this thing hard at all). It was an un-nearving feeling, riding into a slight dip, and feeling a pronounced THUD as it bottomed out.

The rebound range of adjustment doesn't allow the shock to be very quick to rebound. In the lightest setting, I was still having problems with it 'packing up' as I went over repeating bumps because the shock couldn't extend fast enough.

The fork worked fine just riding along normal rocks and bumps. I probably would have kept it if it had the compression adjustment.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi All Mountain 1
Kurvz   Cross Country Rider [Feb 12, 2007]
Strength:

These forks look good and are quite light and also Post Mount..
I ride Aggressive Single Track and I have had no major worries ,

A bit soft for bigger riders , Lock out adjuster can set it self to lock whilst riding off road near bushes etc .. Bottom nut came lose , but Manitiou sent me a new one from the usa for free ..

Ok im a 100Kg rider and these forks are IMO worth the money even tho they come stock on my bike I will run them untill they die , I have ridden with them all summer 2006 and I have done some Milage Appx 1200 and they have performed well consider , they do flex a little under heavy braking , but all in all they are reasonably responsive quite Light and have a good range of settings . Mine are the Elite TPC Lockout..

the adjustability is good and if you find a sweet spot like me they are ok ,, I wouldnt buy then as I think there are better choices around for some ppl , but for the cheaper priced forks they rate quite high , better than my Rock Shox J4 and the RST Gila T4 , not as smooth as my Marzocchi Gran fondo .. As I say I will keep em till they brake , if they last this summer 2007 Ill be happy ....

Similar Products Used: Rock Shox J4 2006 , on my hard tail IS mounts have just fractured .. Marzocchi Gran Fondo 1 Lock up
Andrés   Weekend Warrior [Jul 04, 2007]
Strength:

Nice look, soft.

Plastic parts.

Ia agree whit the people to say "this fork is for XC ride not for DH or Extreme Jumpers Riders" The fork it´s ok, i don´t have promblems wiht it. I used in a fast and technical XC trail (almost nothing of jumps 4 foot +) and it works prety good, may be the adjustment is a little lazy... i hope don´t get any troubles whit the fork. Bye and sorry for my english.. i´m improving...

Similar Products Used: Pbone.
justin cunningham   Downhiller [Mar 15, 2006]
Strength:

wiked i am 250 and if you set it up right it will not bottum out. strong fork!!! wiked on a giant AC. alot ofTravel 100mm or 130mm that is good. love the TPC Lockout. it is a light fork only 4.6 lbs!!! the Wing-Shaped Aluminum with Cathedral Arch looks wiked.

BOGUS REVIEWS BY FOOLS no Weaknesses yet

go get it you will thank me never gave me a problum