White Brothers Dirt Track 2004 Front Shocks

Urban assault, North Shore, or big piles of dirt in someone else’s back yard – these are your playgrounds. You want a fork that can handle your Freeride adventures, look no further than the triple clamp FR 1.5 or the single crown DT 1.2. Both forks share the proven damper technology from their bigger cousin, the DH 1.8, so you know they can handle your needs. Aluminum stanchion tubes, massively built CNC’d aluminum arch with super stiff 20mm dropout lowers assure that your landings will be precise.

• DT 1.2 (100mm or 120mm adjustable travel)
  • DH damping technology
  • Incredible stiffness
  • Steel steer tube on the DT 1.2

• User Reviews (1)

Eric   Cross Country Rider [Dec 20, 2004]
    Strength:

appearance, rigidity, weight

No major "updates" to the structure, long bed in time, higher maintanence

Very nice fork from a small (?) company. I always thought of White Bros as an XC fork company. I know their DH forks aren't the most popular with that crowd. And with no significant structural updates to the fork design since say the SC72UL I had way back when I was hesitant to buy the fork. As well, I never did love the damping cartridge in the older forks. And the price, for $600, that opens me up to ALOT of forks that are lower maintanence and as much if not more travel. Some for less than $600. But I think I bought the White Bro DT 1.2 because I've always been a sucker for the weight to performance ration of their forks.

I was pleasantly surprised with the newer DH type damping system. And the fork is as rigid as my SC72 but with the 20mm axle, more so. Tire clearance may be an issue in the future and not sure if the front rotor will or may hit the left leg but we'll see. 6 months of beating the ba-jeezus out of it and so far not a whimper. I hope the seals are better than in the past, it seems so - so far.