Marzocchi Z1 Drop-Off I 2004 Front Shocks

The Z.1 freeride series represents the pinnacle in long travel single crown design. The first Z.1, introduced in 1996, started the freeride movement by allowing riders to perform beyond their previous capabilities which were hampered by poorly performing products. The new Z.1 is made for riders who still love the up hill climbs as much as the downhill’s and allaround riding performance is the difference between a good ride and a great one. We feel that the new Z.1 freeride series unleashes performance demanded by today’s cutting edge riders.

shikee   [Oct 05, 2005]
Strength:

nice and plush, eta kicks ass for climbing in the mountains

my first bike was a schwinn moab with an 80mm mantuna sx, next bike came with a 130mm zocchi z3 which i thought that was the shiznit ... until i got this shock, and i was blown away at what a difference a quality shock meant for my riding style makes

Similar Products Used: marzocchi 130mm 01 z3
Ben   [Dec 27, 2003]
Strength:

ETA, !PLUSH! 130mm of travel on 32mm sliders, good looking (black stantions and crown really do the trick)

decals?! If i pay half a grand for a fork i don't think that some etched graphics are too much to ask...isnt really a big deal tho - didnt stop me from buying it

I put this thing on a bike that im gonna be riding every day of the summer so i choose this fork - i havnt had much time to ride on it but so far it looks like it will hold out very well on the trail and on the dirt jumps. I love this fork and I love the way it looks on my bike. Way to go Zokes!

Similar Products Used: friends 'zokes
Greg   Weekend Warrior [Feb 25, 2007]
Strength:

These forks are great. I jump on them, drop on them, and do a little downhill too. They hold up great under anything.

none so far

Great forks whether you're dropping, dirt jumping, downhilling, or just riding. These forks are the bomb. BUY THEM

Similar Products Used: 03 Dirt Jumper 3, rockshox j3, boxxer
JJ C   Downhiller [May 05, 2007]
Strength:

there ZOCCHI's!! plush and stiff, look good, 130mm

hmmmm none

awesome fork, would buy it again especially for only 80 bucks. Not to flexy even though they are quick release. nice black 32mm stanchions. Awesome all around fork for anything from dirt jumping to freeride to a little dh

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi 66's, drop off tiples(crap), exr pro coil(crap) manitou sherman, manitou splice comp(crap)
jay mcardell   [May 05, 2004]
Strength:

good all round fork' nice and plush not to heavy good when on roads with the eta not bad for skate parks.

the eta swich is a bit to large, some times if you do a jump you can knock it on with is not good for the forks.but nothin eles these are great forks.

great forks recomnend them to any on. but if your not thing of doing much road use get drop off 2.

The Sock   Downhiller [Sep 24, 2004]
Strength:

Stiff, adjustability, ETA and it's looks damn sexy

None so far

Great upgrade for trail riding. Replaced stock EXR on Fluid and it's awesome for what I ride. So far taken it on trails and it has taken everything I could throw at it. I couldn't ride hard on my EXR like I can on my Z1. ETA is awesome for climbing, going up hill is a breeze. Not one complaint.

Similar Products Used: '04 Marzocchi Z1 FR, '03 Marzocchi EXR, '02 Manitou Magnum
Jeff Kayley   Downhiller [Jun 03, 2005]
Strength:

Perfect colors, plush travel, ETA is sick for the uphills, air assist helps everything.

Crashed and now the ETA is turned on in the front and back but that isnt really a weakness.

This fork is absolutely sick, when I got it the thing was to soft and could bottom easy off a 5 foot drop or less, so i put some air in it and not much at all and cranked the rebound down because the air made it way higher and now the fork is so great it is definetly the best free ride single crown fork with 5 inches travel ever, and if it to soft put some air in it.

Similar Products Used: this beats all the other Z.1's out there
Blue   Weekend Warrior [Apr 16, 2005]
Strength:

Stiff, Haven't bottomed out yet.
I can run over anything with this fork.
Price--great value

Slight bob when i come up out of the saddle
Crap logo stickers
Noisy- not really a weakness

I definitely would buy this fork again!!!
I don't know if the ETA is worth it, might want to go with drop-off2. I rarely use ETA because i forget to turn it off.Somtimes my cables will hit it and turn it on--bad.
If you want a fork that can take serious abuse and is almost mainteance free go with this, you will not be disapointed. Be sure to get a brake adapter and a pump.
Marzoochi Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Manitou Stance-dog crap, froze up and coating on sanctions wore off after 4th ride. Manitou six- Ultimate dog crap
Eric   Weekend Warrior [Apr 17, 2005]
Strength:

Smooth, adjustable, ridgid as in no flex, keeps the front wheel on the ground, looks great with the black stanctions,

5 lbs plus, lost the rebound adjusting knob on the first trail ride.

Replaced a RockShok Pilot SL with this fork. My first ride over the root infested, pedistrian lined, foot path wide trail, was like night and day different. I am happy with the Z1, my body is happy with the Z1. But,I did not relize how bad the rear shock was until now. The Z1 DO1 works so well now I can feel the need for a new rear shock.