Marzocchi JR T 2004 Front Shocks

Downhillers and freeriders, take note. The 2004 Jr. T is here and it's ready for action.

DaleS   Downhiller [Oct 16, 2008]
Strength:

-Really soft and springy
-Loads of travel
-Adjustable preload

-If any they are minor

Great forks, great value for money if you want good forks buy them if not, don't. Well that's an easy choice.

Mike   Weekend Warrior [May 14, 2008]
Strength:

Great travel and plushness. This fork soaks it all up. can take good sized drops

Weight, but I'm just saying this cause this is my first non-x country fork. Sucks to ascend

This is a really great fork to do some freeriding, jumps and drops. The other day I messed up a drop and nose dove three feet straight down, this fork sucked up the impact and I didn't even fall off the bike. This fork gives me confidence to try the things that I never would have tried before. I got this fork on a 04 p.2 for 350 total so for me this was a great deal. Im actually getting a longer travel fork for my xc bike now because I like this ride so much better. If you can find it cheap like I did this is a great fork and something I'm very happy I got.

Similar Products Used: Giant Rainier with a Manitou Axel
Riley   Racer [Mar 01, 2004]
Strength:

Light weight, strong ,not much flex,

The junior T needs heaver fork springs or thicker fork oil.

the fork is great but it needs stiffer fork springs or thicker oil. I only weigh 127 and the other day i bottomed it out. In my opinion this is a great fork if you want a stiff 7 inch light weight fork. The QR 20 is also nice.

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi 888,Marzocchi Monster T
Marsh   Weekend Warrior [Dec 22, 2003]
Strength:

Looks the part, plus it can take the big hits.

not enough possible adjustmentse.g. internal rebound

If you want a good value for money dh+freeride fork that can take the big hits then this is the fork for you.However it's very simple with not many adjustment controls. This could be good or bad depending on the type of rider you are. I give it an overall good recomendation.

Craig   Downhiller [Feb 18, 2004]
Strength:

Looks, nice wieght.

Lack of rebound adjustment, especially seeing as the fork comes so badly set up!

Nice fork for the money, but the 7.5wt oil makes the fork feel like a damn pogo stick. Changed it to 10wt but was still too fast. So i'm gonna try 20wt now but that'll end up being too slow knowing my luck!
It really is a good fork for the money though, and once its set up right, i shouldn't have to worry bout it too much, which is good.

Similar Products Used: Rockshox Judy LT, Shivers.
Tom   Downhiller [Jan 16, 2004]
Strength:

Great Looks!, Surprisingly Stiff for Qr dropouts. Super Plush, Light, Adjustable Crowns

Hmm, Lack Of Adjustments is annoying, The Preload is just useless really,No Longer Has Internal Rebound.

For the money this fork is great, out of the box its super plush, i weigh 10 stone, about 120-130 pounds, and i used most of my travel bunnyhoping of curbs, add some 10wt oil and its perfect, super smooth, pimp looks, If your strapped for cash, Buy it, it handles all the sh!t you can through at it, however if you can, get the QR20 plus, QR is weak and i want to get out of riding it, For the guy who earns his cash and doesnt have money to throw away its worth every penny!.

Similar Products Used: 01 Junior T, 2003 Dirt Jumper III, some sh!tty RST forks
r p   Cross Country Rider [Mar 15, 2007]
Strength:

easy to maintain,

outdated go with the 888

Similar Products Used: z1 z150 judy
Dave Davies   Weekend Warrior [Jan 27, 2004]
Strength:

Nice n stiff, nice long 170mm travel, available in standard dropout, which can be handy, rather have the 20mm though. Looks wicked !

I'll just echo here what every single person who has bought these forks says. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING MAROZOCCHI ?!?!?!? NO REBOUND ADJUSTMENT? Thier website STILL says that it has internal rebound adjustment. In my country thats called false advertising and they would get a massive fine for advertising a products features as blatant bullsh1t. Even the manuals say it has rebound adjustment and the diagrams of the fork are completly wrong. You cant tell me that they made a last minute design decision to remove a massive feature! I got rid of my last forks becuase they didnt have rebound adjustment and chose these forks (aside from other things) becuase they did. I would not have bought them if they had advertised thier features accurately. Also makes some nasty internal clunking noises which they have since I got them out of the box.

Very very poor form from Marozochi. I have tried to get comment from them and they just refer me to "my local dealer" which is no use to me seeing as I bought these from Merlin Cycles on the internet. Why is it that the companies that make bikes and compnents have got NO customer service and do not seem to have even the slightest concern for thier customers and thier satisfaction with the products they have purchased. I will not buy another Marozocchi fork becuase of this. I no longer trust this company, there are so many thigns inside a fork that you cant see, how do I know they arent lying about any of the other advertised features or specifications? In the end I do love this fork, its great for freeriding, which is what I use it for, most people seem to want to slow down the rebound, I actually want to speed it up, but I ride my forks at max preload and like them to feel really stiff so thats just me. Any disapointment here is not in the fork but in the company that made it, the lack of rebound does limit the versatility of the fork but doesnt stop it doing what I mostly want it to do which is suck up impacts and it does that very well.

Similar Products Used: Manitou vert-x, marzocchi bomber exr comp (eww)
Nick Rutherford   Downhiller [Apr 13, 2004]
Strength:

Super smooth, looks cool, strong, and that about finishes that.

Where to begin...the stock springs are SH!T. What were u thinkin marzocchi?! 7.5 wt oil? No preload? The adjustments SUCK. Oh, i almost forgot the horrid creaking internals. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS RETCHED NOISE? DID MARZ SOMEHOW STUFF SOME RANDOM PIECES OF METAL INTO MY FORK?!

The 03' forks were insane. perfect. amazing. Marz somehow managed to do the opposite of that this year.
10th ride, the adjuster knob on the stanchion flies off, to be lost forever. The very next ride, the bolt on the qr20 snaps in half. Can bottom off of 5' to flat, or 10' to trannie. Terrible scraping noise on compression. Trash springs. light oil.
marz, what did you do?
If you buy this, be prepared to spend money on oil, springs, and put up with the aweful noise these make.

3 chili's for value, 4 overall because the tech support i recieved was great.