Manitou Sherman Flick 2004 Front Shocks

Sherman Flick

Our least expensive Sherman, the Flick’s ultra strong steel steerer tube and impeccable TPC damping system make it the choice for some of the world’s most abusive Freeriders.

jamesmoore007   Weekend Warrior [Nov 12, 2011]
Strength:

Amazing feel. Lively fork that feels bottomless. It's constantly active. Easy to setup compression and rebound settings. Really plush and soaks up big hits.

Noooooooooo. There are none.

Bought a 2004 set of Sherman forks from Winstanley bikes for £134.99 in 2011. They are a 'few' years old but they are amazing forks. Upgraded from a knackered old set of Tora's! These forks feel way bigger than 130mm travel - they are soooo smooth and light feeling - I've had them on for 4 days, and I'm already jumping higher and longer on trail obstacles as there is no fear of a rough landing. They absorb it all.. I'm now scanning around on my commute to work looking for stuff to launch off. Makes me laugh when I think how good they are for the price. Reverse arch seems to make the front easier to pop-up, maybe it's because the forks are long....

J.J.   Downhiller [Sep 19, 2005]
Strength:

plush and smooth, never jarring and looks pretty sweet. Handles the trails and the jumps very nicely.

bottoms out sometimes if the travel is not adjusted just right. Doesnt take big drops as well as trails

These forks are sweet for trails and jumps. They offer a smooth, plush ride for agressive downhill riders. I weigh 140 and the forks are PERFECT for me. They do not handle big drops too well, but with some tweaking, that can be changed. Awesome fork for the money, I reccomend it for anyone into downhill or cross country.

Similar Products Used: marzocchi dirt jumper 3
T Bone   Weekend Warrior [Sep 15, 2005]
Strength:

Stiff, plush, nice aesthetics, features work great

a bit heavy, spring rate ramps up significantly in 90mm travel mode

A very solid single-crown fork. I have the urban cammo version. It's unique, and is good at disguising minor scratches/blemishes on the finish. It's a bit heavy, but more material equals more durability. The travel adustment takes some getting used to. After adjusting the dial from 90->130, you need to slightly compress the fork. With practice, semi-skillfull riders should be able to do this on-the-fly.

Roger Junefield   Downhiller [Apr 12, 2004]
Strength:

The 1 1/8 steerer tube is so flimsy I snapped it off a one foot drop. And don't even talk to me about the revers arch. It broke my fender and I can feel the fork flex on rough landings. The fork seal leak more than I do after a night of drinking and the color sucks.

Don't waste your hard earned bucks on this peice of junk

Similar Products Used: Marzocchi Dirt Jumper I,
Mike   Weekend Warrior [Jun 10, 2006]
Strength:

Nice and plush, great for anything from urban to downhilling, sucks it all up. Travel adjust is great for climbing.

Stock spring was too soft (I'm only 145lbs.), but I just put a firm spring in it and it's perfect.

This fork is definately worth the price, I'm glad I didn't pay the $500 that a 2006 model fork would have costed me. It's perfect for an all around fork. Definately recommended.

Similar Products Used: none, this is the first good single crown I've had.
Bill R   Weekend Warrior [Dec 17, 2003]
Strength:

Plush, Stiff, Plenty of travel and ajustments.

Maybe a bit expensive, but still worth it!

These forks are awesome! Ive only used them for afew days now and from what i have experianced, these are the best single crown fork ive ridden. The travel adjust is really useful and the compression/rebound work nicely too. If you are considering getting some of these, go and get them NOW! They are suitable for just about any type of riding, ive jumped them, done some xc, pretty big drops and stair gaps, and they have preformed beautifuly!

Matt   Racer [Jul 22, 2005]
Strength:

-smooth travel due to semibath lubrication
-Stiff,light(5.2 lbs) long travel fork
-Usefull travel adjust

Don't get regular dropouts which= several snapped axle's
none- just buy the right one

This is an awesome fork as are all the shermans- buy one

SHermans rule

Similar Products Used: I have since bought a firefly with hexlock which is really nice
Ben   [Jul 18, 2005]
Strength:

- Plush
- Predictable, smooth travel.
- Doesn't dive on you.

- Crappy finish on lowers

Freeride11, the guy who posted below, is a troll who is trying to flame. Guy probably rides a Wal-Mart bike because he knows nothing about bikes.

Hey bonehead, the Sherman Flick is a oil and coil fork. What would you be doing trying to put air in it? Duh! If you're going to B.S., at least do a better job, huh? Start by actually learning about the product.

And the other guy who gave it a 1 rating because he broke it on a one foot drop...try losing your beer gut because you either bought a bad fork (probably on the used market), or you need to lose weight, or you're a liar because Shermans would not snap that easily.

These are obviously anti-Manitou/pro-Marzochhi dips trying to lower ratings unfairly. So I will counter by giving 5 stars all around. Shermans rule!

Dylan   Weekend Warrior [Jul 15, 2005]
Strength:

smooth and a lot of travel

its not the best downhill fork, but it's awesome

this fork is a realy nice fork

Howie   Weekend Warrior [Jun 14, 2005]
Strength:

Great travel, Plush, Easy to adjust, super strong, looks great, good travel.

The spring that came stock in the fork is to weak. I weigh 230lbs so i will have to buy a stronger spring.

The forks are super strong. they look great and are easy to adjust. This is the first time i have not used a air fork and i really do like it.

Similar Products Used: mar dirt jump 3, mar z1 drop off.