Diamondback Orion 2004 Freestyle Dirt Jumper

Orion

Stas Aksenov   Racer [Aug 09, 2004]
Strength:

Good, solid frame. Light stem and bars.

Crapy breaks, mainly because of the painted rims. Unsealed crank. Hard seat.

It's a very good and strong bike. It is heavy, though. 34 pounds without pegs. So far I only replaced tires because I like them very hard (65 psi MAX original, 85 psi right now, w/ new tires (Primo The Wall)). The only thing that disappointed me was the crank. Since it is not sealed the bearings fell out after I jumped off of a 5-6 ft drop off several times. I fixed that but they would fall out again after 30-40 min. of riding, plus the spindle got bent after I ate $hit. Oh well, I'll get a new nice crank soon anyway. So if have only $300 for a new bike you should go with db Orion (I would wait until 2005 version comes out). But if you are able to jump something big be ready to replace the crank.

Similar Products Used: Haro F4.
AJ Mangino   Weekend Warrior [May 06, 2004]
Strength:

VERY STRONG,3 piece crank.

The brakes suck when u get them but if you file down the pads with a bristle pad they work great.

This is a very strong bike thats good for the money. Like all diamondback bikes its a little on the heavy side. it has 3 piece cranks which are more durable and has nice handlebars. comes with a Gyro and Promax brakes (on the 02' model). great bike for the money!

Similar Products Used: Haro Backtrail X2 Nerve Vise. Haro Nyquist pro
Ryan Bellinger   [Jun 25, 2004]
Strength:

3 piece crank solid frame nice double wall rims

a little heavy but built tough

This bike is totally woth it I beat the crap out of this thing and it still rides smooth, nice for freestyling and has no proble with big drops and jumps, I weigh 180 and this bike just keeps on getting a beating every night and stays true.go ahead and get it you won't be dissapointed