Diamondback Viper 2004 BMX

justin bobby   Racer [Jun 05, 2007]
Strength:

it is just over all a wonderful bike

crank

it rides well it is kight weight exept i runed it by putin wienmann rims on the bike now it clincks everywhere.but it looks cool and it is good for jumping what i jump.i would recomend this bike for anyone that liks crazy jumps.you shouldnt by it if you like to trail ride because the crank comes a little lose but you have to just tighten it so every often.

Similar Products Used: none really
Caleb   Racer [Jul 03, 2004]
Strength:

Great Frame-thick dropouts-

Steel Rims-sometimes what you need-aluminum will bend easeir than steel, so this is a good thing. It doesn't make much of a difference in the weight of the bike.

Nothing has bent, warped, or broken yet and I've ridden it for 5 1/2 months now...
Its got Quality from grips to hub bearings, all the way around-especailly for the price.

None as of yet.
Treat your bike correctly and keep your bike tuned and it will last forever-like my GT I had for 7 years -still to this day.

Actually, it's my younger brother's bike. I own a REDLINE Cruiser ( read my review(: ), yet I still ride it, which is why I can write this report. It's a great bike-yet it has a *_*SMALL FRAME*_*.I'm 5'11 so it's definetly small for me. If your're short, 4'something, it would be a good bike for you.
Like the others have said, It has bad acceleration, yet good top speed- the reason being the gear. The factory gear it comes with is like that. I like it becuase I have strong legs, not fast legs.If you want good acceleration (or easier pedeling from the get-go), buy a smaller gear.
A great bike from DIAMONDBACK-pay $150 for it than spending $80 on a WAL-MART bike, it's worth it. If you want a larger frame, I'd say get a NITRUS.
But Anyways, This bike is a good bike, but don't get it if you're tall.

Similar Products Used: GT ("DYNO VFR")
REDLINE PROLINE PRO 24"
Alex   Racer [Aug 17, 2007]
Strength:

light and good breaks

comes with 1 peice cranks

nice bmx bike good for hitting big dirt jumps and very light ameture riders should definetly buy it but if ur a better rider u might not like it to much but i like it

Similar Products Used: diamondback joker
Mitchel Davies   Weekend Warrior [Jun 22, 2004]
Strength:

Good top speed, sturdy, easy to maneuver.

No pegs, slow acceleration.

Great overall BMX for a decent price, not easy to break, and speaking of brakes, good stopping power. So if your a beginner for BMX's (like me) or juust looking for something to get around on I recommend this bike.

Adam   [Oct 09, 2006]
Strength:

Frame

Everthing besides frame

I worked as bike technician at sportchek, and also rode this bike for a year. Bottom line everything on this bike was weak, the brakes were decent. All low grade parts