Specialized P.3 2003 Hardtail

Specialized P.3 2003 Hardtail

[Jun 18, 2003]
Romel Myrick

Strength:

GREAT fork, SUPER tough frame, not as heavy as anticipated, great ride position for me (5'6), feels like it will be great on mass jumps and freefride or urban riding, i got a damn good deal on it

NOTHING

F*&^KING AMAZING, So glad I'm buying it. Now i can huck the F&*% around anything.

my first freeride hardtail ever, switched from a Trek VRX 300

[Sep 05, 2003]
Tom
Downhiller

Strength:

Wheels, Hubs, Bars, Frame, Stem, Cranks, Ring, short cage xt

Bottom Bracket blows ass, Broke it, Hayes lever is messed, keeps on popping in and out, I have to ride with one finger 100 % of the time to keep it place, but that's ok.

This bike is sweet, can't believe it's held up so long. It wheelies like a mofo, nice for manuals too. It begs for air. It handles nice on downhill sections. Urban riding is pretty good, either i'm out of shape hardcore or it's the bike, but It's pretty dam slow on trails, any sort of up hill I walk it up. I'm lazy too. Buy a new bb and warrenty the stock piece of ass so you have a back up, even tho it wouldnt last long. I say buy this bike because the chicks dig it.

Kona, Devinci Hucker, dmr,

[Apr 10, 2004]
Rob

Strength:

This is an awesome frame, it feels great in the air, and is has great geometry. Awesome balance points for manualing and jumping.

None that i've found

This is an awesome bike for urban riding, it is super stiff and has great balance points. Real stable on the dirt jumps too. Before I got this, I had a Schwinn that I modified so i could try some urban stuff, then it got stolen. It turned out to be a good think though, because now I have the P3 and it is a world of difference. I tried many dirt jumping/urban bikes like Kona and Norco, but this by far felt the best.

[Jan 02, 2004]
D-Man

Strength:

Frame is made for tons of hucking. Perfect set up and huge welds on all sections that count. Nice ISCG tabs on the bb area and an extra tough weld on the rear brake mount.

None to date.

I have ridden my fair share of XC and DH full suspension bikes. Needed to build something in the middle. Wanted a P.3 from the local bike shop I work at, but it was specked with parts I did not want. Purchased a left-over 2002 P.2 frame [p.2 and p.3 are the same frame, just different decals and parts]. Put all of my custom stuff on it. Built with 24" all around for a real fun jumping and DH set up. Note: The frame does not support a 3.0" rear. Managed to fit a Gazzi 2.6 perfectly. Also build it with an 8" rear brake, since they come from Specialized with a 6". The rest of the parts fit perfectly. The frame is long so I put a shorter 40mm stem on. If you are 5'8" or taller, go with the long frame.

THE RIDE: This bike is the best thing I have built yet. It looks mean and rides even meaner. I ride at a place in RI that has 1-7 foot drops and I hit them all on this rig. It is well balanced and corners very fast. Wheelbase is perfect for dropping in on anything. Also use the bike for urban rides and the same thing applies.

First true Hardtail DH bike. Many other full bangers before, but first hardtail DH ride.

[Mar 23, 2003]
-=Smarty=-

Strength:

bomb proof frame ! awsome HFX 9HD hydraulic brakes!!! god damn rules!! no words can describe it !!!

nothing !!! maybe it might be a bit heavy for weak people :P

oh man ~~~ this is the sh*t !! a must have for dj, urban or even freeride!!!!! it can handle everything !!! I just got it few days ago, and i'll post more reviews about it later :D

norco 4 hun, 5 hun, errr

[Feb 27, 2003]
DEATH

Strength:

Great brakes, the frame is super strong and light, great shifters and FORK!!!!! just awsome

NONE so far, I love it

The bike rules, but the price is a little high. It's worth it belief me. I've been landing flat drops with this bike for the past month and the wheel and fork + all the other parts are in perfect condition, it's a MUST HAVE bike !!!!!!

norco sasquatch, norco rampage

[Jan 31, 2003]
Marcus T.

Strength:

This frame is nice, stiffy and strong, has a nice geometry and a horizontal dropout -- perfect to build up a singlespeed whitout a ugly chain tensioner. The setup of the P.3 ist very close to my imagination of a perfect allround-hardcore-bike. The fork, the brakes, the crank/bottom bracket, the wheels -- all these are very fine and high quality.

The pedals are very crappy: It's f*cking impossible to find a good grip on its. After I drove one of these in my shin I changed to my old, good Voxom.

This bike is a good choice for dirtjump, dual slalom, urban assault, freeride, downhill or even a small tour -- I mean, for everything you can do with a bike ;-)

Cannondale, Kinesis

[Jan 08, 2004]
Aki

Strength:

Very stiff, low top tube angle, cool design

Disc brake mount area is tight

Specialized sent me this $700 2004 frame after I cracked two 2001 Enduro hardtail frame. (they had a problem with the model)

Anyway, I do trials and urban assault riding and this is one of THE stiffest frame I ever ridden. It doesn't squeak or speak a word but take all the bashing and drops like a charm :)

The only problem is with the disc brakes, it's hard to mount/dismount the wheels. It seems like the disc itself is slighting hitting against the brake assembly's edge and I end up pushing the tires a bit aggressively before it slides in.

Specialized Enduro hardtail

[Sep 19, 2003]
Roee

Strength:

Great components, very nice mid-air balance, confidence inspiring. Suprisingly good on downhills.

Heavy, mostly because of the wheels (which is even worse than just heavy). I replaced two seats under warranty (Titec crap, I bent the rails badly). Tires are bad for urban (already falling apart).

It's a nice bike for flat surface or slops. Going uphill with it is a pain. It's almost perfect for Urban use, other than the delicate seat and the knobby tires. Jumping it is a must. You'll look for new things to launch it from, I assure you.

Otherwise, it's a bit too short for some (including me, at 6'2" I had to bolt on an XC stem to lengthen the riding position).

Bottom line is, for jumping/hucking/just going around the city it's awesome. For real trials, I'd look for something lighter, or just change the wheels.

[Jul 08, 2005]
Trevor
Downhiller

Strength:

Everything. this bike is good for all sorts of riding like freeride, dirt jumps and perfect for parks and street riding. But you should put a knew bottom bracket and fork on it because I snaped them both in half.

Not to good for cross country. And also Comes with suck ass componts.

If you dont like to jump off of stuff and do fat hucking you should not buy this bike. If you do like to do that stuff this bike is perfect for YOU.

p. seris , Cove stiffie, kona stab stuff and scratch.