Rocky Mountain Fusion 2003 Hardtail

Fusion

Sean   Weekend Warrior [Apr 02, 2009]
Strength:

Love the rigidness of the frame and percise steering.

The only trouble I have experienced with my fusion is the front brake sometimes sticks a little and needs an adjustment from time to time.

Overall I love the fusion. I ride it VERY hard and it has never given me a problem. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a rock solid bike for on/off road riding and or an aggressive weekend trail rider such as myself... would definately have to say it is the best bike you can but under $1000.00
....Well definately one of the best!!!
Happy riding

Sean

Similar Products Used: Had a Trek and a Kuhara...both were great bikes but I prefer my fusion.
Doug Lawrence   Weekend Warrior [Aug 17, 2003]
Strength:

Light, Great climber, balanced, well built, great frame.

No stock bar ends, Fork is OK ( Judy)

Excellent Overall Bike, Great bike for beginners or weekend enthusiast who don't want to do huge downhilling. Just shows that Canadian Bikes are best.

Similar Products Used: Ralegh ( Nakamura )
newrider   [Jun 26, 2003]
Strength:

Frame, components

Pedals, they poke holes in regular shoes

Friend has an older model RMB Fusion, and it is still going strong. This bike is made with great quality.
Great Value for such a great bike. Quality through out. Canadian owned. I would give it 5 but I hate the pedals.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale 2002 F500, 2003 F300
Gabhan   Cross Country Rider [Jun 15, 2003]
Strength:

Excellent RM frame, good value for what you get

Kinda crappy components, but hey, buy a more expensive bike if you want em

Solid product from the best Canadian bike manufacturer. This is a good bike to get started on, beat the crap out of it and it will still work. Upgrades are needed for front suspension (stock is Judy's) and for the drivetrain (Acera) There are no Deore components on the stock model. Good buy for anyone seriously entering the mountain biking world.

Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Jun 11, 2003]
Strength:

Very agile and fairly light. Only had it one day but its really good, impresed with the shimano deore shifters

none yet, except when you drop the chain sometimes hits the fork thing that holds the wheel, its hard to explain but definitly wont affect your riding!

This is an oveall excellent bike for the price. Excellent components and very agile (as i said). Kindof a beginner bike but veterant could also use this. I you have a little extra cash buy the Rocky Mountain Trailhead. I will keep you updated as i keep using this bike.

Similar Products Used: Oryx 80 series, Norco Kokanee
Chris Dorwarth   Cross Country Rider [Nov 11, 2003]
Strength:

Frame is fantastic. Have a TREK 8000 -00 but I like this RM frame better.

None, so far.

Since the fork and rims etc is not "standard" it is hard to say how it was from the box. Anyway, when riding it for a short period of time I manage to climb obsticles that was almost impossible before. The fork together with the frame for me this is the best ride ever (to a very very low price).

Similar Products Used: TREK 8000, Merida 8900, Scott Comp Racing
Kevin   [Mar 24, 2004]
Strength:

Decent components, light and strong frame, agile, durable, fairly light overall considering the price

Judy fork, well this isnt really a weakness because you get what you pay for, if you wanted a better fork, spend more money on a better bike

I'm the same kevin as the first review, although a little wiser and a little more knowledgable.
This is a quality bike for a beginner. Decent components, fair fork,decent wheelset, beautiful frame for such a low price, very low maintenance.
Encountered zero problems in the year that i've used it, no borken components, no bent handlebars, nothing.
I've currently outgrown the decent components on this bike and have recently purchased a specialized 03 stupjumper pro.
I still frequently use this bike for commuting to and from work and while my stumy is in the shop.
Excellent bike, buy it! NOW! haha

Similar Products Used: Canadian Tire P.O.S.
Alan Chan   Cross Country Rider [Jun 26, 2005]
Strength:

Rocky Frame (strong), front and rear disc compatable frame, strong Alex rim, ok gears and drivechain for "my" price. DT Champion spokes. For "my" price, I think I can say Deore RD and Cassette would be a strengths

For the price I got it at ($400 CAD), I can't really say it has much weakness. The bike is somewhat a little heavy compare to other bikes I have but for this price, nothing much I can say. Better shifters should be on this bike tho. They shouldn't used "combo" shifters and brake lever as Shimano Acera combo seems harder to shift compare to Shimano Acera shifters itself alone. A RockShox Judy TT fork isn't exactly what you want if you want to go offroad. Acera for front derailleurs and shifters is a weakness as a GT Avalanche 1.0 which is $30 cheaper (says in Canadian 2003 Bicycle Buyer's Guide) has front derailleurs and shifters in Deore when stock. Shimano Alivio stock hubs (They last only 1000km)

This is a great bike for normal trail biking and beginner XC biking. I would say this is an entry level XC bike just like a Trek 4900 in 2002-2004 or 6500 in 2005+. I found it a little heavy and with my pass experence with my other bikes that had these stock "Shimano Alivio" hubs, they die after 1000km of running.

Similar Products Used: Klein, Trek, GT, Norco, Canadian Tires/SportChek POS, KHS, Giant, Kona
mike janes   Cross Country Rider [May 11, 2005]
Strength:

Smooth shifting with the deore comp's , up hill where it counts.Nice shock if you can get the RST Gila TL. Light weight in comparison to many others at this price. This ride just seems to fit like a glove , eh O.J.

SEat Seat seAt , Dam I just can't seem to get it right . SeAt...Grrr

As I'm sure you've read this bike handles nicely, rarely needs a tune up and is as solidly built as most others. If ya own one then enjoy , If ya don't.. buy one for your grandma to.

Similar Products Used: None to date. I've been droping about the same on all my bike's in the past and only found one that give this much bang for the buck.
Iman   Weekend Warrior [Jul 25, 2003]
Strength:

light, solid frame; handles well and will not fall apart. good components for the price.

saddle is somewhat uncomfortable.

I would strongly recommend this bike to anyone who is serious about mountain biking. It is 100% reliable.